E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pics from the dyno day we had this morning

Some of the cars from the shop it was at:

The cars getting dyno'ed:

E92 M3 with ESS Supercharger and NAWZZZZ (Dyno'ed at 572whp):

My Car (Dyno'ed at 271whp and 215ft/lbs Tq)

:)

·
Registered
804 Posts
only 271hp?? damn do you have a manual?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But that would mean your car made much less than 271hp on a run or two. I'm wondering what's going on around 4600 rpm. Looks like the torque converter is slipping a little.
unfortunatley its an automatic w/step (i want to do a manual swap soon), so every time the guy mashed the gas it downshifted in step. We only got it to stay in 4th gear on two of 6 pulls. The best it made was 271whp, the other runs it did less considerably since we couldnt get an accurate read. On some of the runs where it downshifted, the read was so messed up it was reading in the 180-190 range. So the 246 is all the runs averaged together, although I don't know if he used the two runs it ran the 100s.

I think on the other two pulls we got it to stay in 4th, it was at like 250whp and 254whp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
unfortunatley its an automatic w/step (i want to do a manual swap soon), so every time the guy mashed the gas it downshifted in step. We only got it to stay in 4th gear on two of 6 pulls. The best it made was 271whp, the other runs it did less considerably since we couldnt get an accurate read. On some of the runs where it downshifted, the read was so messed up it was reading in the 180-190 range. So the 246 is all the runs averaged together, although I don't know if he used the two runs it ran the 100s.

I think on the other two pulls we got it to stay in 4th, it was at like 250whp and 254whp.
Got a dyno chart? 254 was your best. You had 3 pulls and the shifting didn't affect top end it just affected the power band so your peak numbers would have been the same.. nice try cheapo.. didn't want to pay the 30 dollars for the dyno and you got free food.

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
only 271hp?? damn do you have a manual?
I was about to say. Something wrong with those Numbers you posted up. High WHP but Very Low TQ. Glad you are pushing 246WHP and 226 TQ.

-TrippinBimmer

BTW: What Kit are you Running? VF I guess?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got a dyno chart? 254 was your best. You had 3 pulls and the shifting didn't affect top end it just affected the power band so your peak numbers would have been the same.. nice try cheapo.. didn't want to pay the 30 dollars for the dyno and you got free food.
I had no problem paying the $30 you advertised, I just had a problem paying $32, because you didn't feel like getting me change, which you did in the end.

I was about to say. Something wrong with those Numbers you posted up. High WHP but Very Low TQ. Glad you are pushing 246WHP and 226 TQ.

-TrippinBimmer

BTW: What Kit are you Running? VF I guess?
yeah its vf

1 - 20 of 25 Posts