E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday, i painted the calipers to silver.
it turns out great :thumbsup:
after painting calipers, washing 12 wheels (4winter, 4summer, 4track,drift) inside out, i'm totally over heated. :banghead:

here are pics before paint



during painting



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Presns323i said:
lmao, u didnt take them off? reminds me of that vw guy that painted the entire rotor and caliper.
tried to avoid painting rotors, but some got in the way
also, didn't want to go though hassle of takeing calipers off. just too lazy.. lol

fckupayme said:
looks awesome, nice job. :thumbup: looks better then rust :clap: looks especially nice with ur cross drilled rotors
thanks :)

jeremysmith1967 said:
it looks good but did you get paint on the rotors?
yes, some did, pretty sure it will rub off though...
will it go bad or did i do it wrong when rotors get painted little?

here are closer pics.
front

rear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
I can't imagine paint on the rotors being a good thing.
Be careful braking for a while. I would worry this could gum them up as it wears off or even cause the rotors to wear uneven. (But, I know practically nothing about brakes, so don't pay too much attention to anything I say :p )
 

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
Joined
·
43,113 Posts
looks great, good job :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
aznazasin said:
LOVe IT!!!! doing mine red this week
You'll be posting pics, right? I'll keep an eye out for that.
When I first got my Hellrot, I was thinking of painting the calipers laguna seca blue - but everyone talked me out of it... I still think it might look cool though. :)

(wow, 3 hellrot posters in a row in a non-hellrot related thread :p )
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,610 Posts
The Nebulizer said:
You'll be posting pics, right? I'll keep an eye out for that.
When I first got my Hellrot, I was thinking of painting the calipers laguna seca blue - but everyone talked me out of it... I still think it might look cool though. :)

(wow, 3 hellrot posters in a row in a non-hellrot related thread :p )
I'm respraying my whip Hellrot. So it's 4. :thanks:

jeremysmith1967: You're hellrot?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Nebulizer said:
I can't imagine paint on the rotors being a good thing.
Be careful braking for a while. I would worry this could gum them up as it wears off or even cause the rotors to wear uneven. (But, I know practically nothing about brakes, so don't pay too much attention to anything I say :p )
i guess so... but i wouldn't too much worry about gumming up, cause it will stuck into holes in rotor. hm... not sure though... :hmm:

bluecougar said:
looks great, good job :)
thanks :)

aznazasin said:
LOVe IT!!!! doing mine red this week
red on your car will look sick. :thumbup:
i was thinking of painting red but red calipers on my car will just stick out too much. :(

Asterisk* said:
Looks perfect!!! :thumbup:
thanks. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
white46 said:
i was thinking of painting red but red calipers on my car will just stick out too much. :(
Yeah, red stock calipers on a white e46 would not look so good.
I think you picked a good color.

Anyone tried those cheap brake covers they sell on ebay :p
Slap on red (or blue) plastic "Brembo" cover to your stock brake.

I was a little tempted to try the blue ones... :shuffle: But, I am sure I would be banned form this site if I did... :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,775 Posts
looks awesome man! but what i'm even more impressed by is that you own 4 sets of wheels! thats crazy :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DarkRyan323 said:
looks awesome man! but what i'm even more impressed by is that you own 4 sets of wheels! thats crazy :)
it's 3 sets.
4 summers are what i have on right now. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,532 Posts
I had gary at martin's motorsports do mine in black... he used 6 coats of paint and then clear coated them for a nice shiny finish.. i am very pleased with the work
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2000_328CI said:
I had gary at martin's motorsports do mine in black... he used 6 coats of paint and then clear coated them for a nice shiny finish.. i am very pleased with the work
ya. shiny black will look good.
but shiny silver.... so so...
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top