BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, "I did it my way". The reason I say this is because I know I might get some feedback saying I shouldn't have done something or done it a different way. I'll never track the car (it's a convertible), I do like a little more performance than stock, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I like what I've done so far. So I'm just sharing my progress with the community that has helped me get this far.

Thanks for any positive or constructive comments

2002 330 Ci Convertible - Topaz Blue
- VMR 701; Front 19x8.5et35 235/35; Rear 19x9.5et45 255/30
- Short shifter (ZHP Shift knob)
- eBay Strut tower bar
- Angel Eyes
- LED Tails
- Megan Racing Coil Overs
- Carbon look pedal covers
- other minor things

Todo:
- Roll the fenders (maybe a little pull/stretch)
- Lower the rear another half inch
- Try out some spacers
- Muffler delete and tips

Before:

After (July 9th, 2010):

·
Registered
276 Posts
How do you find the car rides with Megans and 19s?

I was a fan of the Megans while I was moddin 240s... curious how they do on the E46

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How do you find the car rides with Megans and 19s?

I was a fan of the Megans while I was moddin 240s... curious how they do on the E46
Too early to tell since I just got them put in this week, but so far so good, ride isn't much different than stock, handling is definitely improved. The fronts are lower than the rears and I do get some rubbing but I think it's against the wheel liner not the fender.

Besides removing the liner, is there any other way to prevent rubbing, would rolling push the liner a little higher?

Once I roll the rears, I'll lower the rears to match the front.

Thanks to everyone for the complements.

T.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree and usually I liked smoked. The rims are beautiful!
I was debating for a while, the headlight liner was silver and I ended up painting it black which I preferred in the end, then went with the smoked corners to match, maybe I'll try the stock clear corners again to see how it looks, might work well with the clear reflectors?

I could go either way, I think both looked right, with the car off and no lights on, it looks very nice. The pics don't show how nice the smoked look is, I'll try and snap some with the car off.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am normally not a fan of verts but those rims and that color ****ing work 100%, nice car man. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
:thumbsup: nice car dude!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Nice man... real nice.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts