E46 Fanatics Forum banner

What tires!!?!?!

• Matching F&R: Hankook Ventus V-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matching F&R: Other brand not listed on Tirerack???

• Non-matching F&R: Diff brands F&R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a set of Style 264's off a 135i for a summer set.

They are:

18x7.5 +49
18x8.5 +52

I'm sitting on H&R street coil-overs

Going to use my four 18mm spacers I have on each corner to push things out flush...

Will definitely post pics and everything b/c it's been tough to find anything besides a thread from Flatman.

I'm having trouble selecting tires... OEM sizes are:

215/40/18 options from Tirerack
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...e&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&RunFlat=All

245/35/18 options from Tirerack
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...e&pagelen=20&pagenum=1&pagemark=1&RunFlat=All

:read:
Problem is... not many options for matching brands front and rear. Really only Hankook Ventus and Yokohama S.drive I'm willing to purchase... If I went with different brands for front and back, might be able to save some money and get more options... :banghead:

Matched set options from Tirerack:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...35&rearDiameter=18&rearSortCode=53950&tab=All

I want to go with a summer performance tire, but I just simply don't have the cash to drop on PS2's which would be my first choice.

My priorities are:

1. Both dry & wet performance
2. Road noise
3. Treadwear/longevity
4. Price
5. NOT runflats

Not necessarily in that order. All are pretty much equally important.

I think I have a little bit of flexibility in the tire sizes, but very little considering I cannot have rubbing and I'm sure 18mm spacers will work with OEM tires.

I've looked at TireRack and come up with some options for MATCHING set to OEM size, which I listed in the poll. But I'm totally open to suggestions outside of these.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not yet, was waiting for weather to warm up a bit

will be ordering tires soon, most likely going with Hankook V12's

I'll definitely post up some pics when all is said & done

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eh ... i like csl's but 19's are just too big/heavy/harsh for a daily-driver, and everybody and their mom has CSL reps :/

the roads around here are pretty sh1tty and 19's+coilovers are just not practical

besides, I like the OEM-yet-slightly-modded look, and I like star-spoke wheels, and I picked these up in 99% perfect condition for cheap, and it would definitely be a unique look that I've never seen in person

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
changed my mind ...

now considering:

Sumitomo HTR-Z III
and
General Exclaim UHP

Both in slightly different sizes than the OEM spec...

215/40/18 F
245/40/18 R

I really don't envision going with a 40 height over 35 in the rear is going to make a difference...

Leaning towards the Sumitomo's based on price and reviews, but obviously the Exclaims get great treadwear and are one of the lightest tires out there... Tough decision

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.