BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made the mistake of searching convertible in the local area after fireworks and ended up buying this 3 pedal needing some love the next day. The search started because a couple days prior I had a nice pair of M5s. Wasn't planning to get rid of both e39's I'd had for several years and realized I didn't have anything that could haul more than one other passenger and a few groceries. Took this for a spin and threw it on a lift to see if there were any cracks, leaks, or other glaring issues and next thing you know it's mine.
Has original suspension, exhaust, and looked good from 30, got that down to 15 already. Now to decide if I get the top working right and refresh the entire suspension to keep and drive for a while, or, run in the sun for the summer and ditch it at some point before I end up dumping a bunch of time and $ into making it too nice to sell, then sell anyway.
Will be here looking for all the usual e46 info, common repairs, etc. Appreciate your info and help!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It looks like its quiet around here these days. Search tho and yo will find a lot of threads related to anything you need.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks good! First thing I'd do is make sure the convertible top locks down properly, it looks like its not closed all the way. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts