BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like the title says, bought a set of throwing stars. :4ngie: My coilovers are on the way, but how can i get these to fit nicely? Originally bought to refinish/resell but i guess ill try them out.

Going to sand and polish the lips and refinish/repaint the inner rim insert TiAg

Heres some pics below, let me know what you think. :thumbsup: Also just put some LTW's on the ///M3 today :craig:

LTW's on the e36 ///M3 :D

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,558 Posts
:drool: the "Throwing Stars" are one of my all time favorite rim from BMW. had them on my E30.
i'd polish out the lips and go original BMW silver in the center.

not sure how much i like these 16" on an E46. but you will always be able to sell if it doesn't work out for you.

this is how mine looked

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
:drool: the "Throwing Stars" are one of my all time favorite rim from BMW. had them on my E30.
i'd polish out the lips and go original BMW silver in the center.

not sure how much i like these 16" on an E46. but you will always be able to sell if it doesn't work out for you.
They are 17" you think ill need to adjust camber to help tuck them in there? Ive never done the whole "stance" thing before...thought its time i tried. Kinda weird how thats all people care about at car shows/meets anymore...want to try something different.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I don't like them at alllll on it =S I love Throwing Stars on an E34 but they don't work on the E46 in my eyes.

On the other hand, that E36 looks shmick. I just convinced a friend to buy a set for his E36 320i, was very happy I got him away from the ugly E46 M3 reps.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Id be getting new tires, not sure on size though? Suggestions?
I'll be the first to admit that I am NOT well versed in tire sizes, wheel sizes offset and things like that, so I'm actually curious as to what size tire you should run as well. Sorry :hmm:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll be the first to admit that I am NOT well versed in tire sizes, wheel sizes offset and things like that, so I'm actually curious as to what size tire you should run as well. Sorry :hmm:
Dang, i guess ill post in the wheel forum

·
Registered
710 Posts
They do look kinda thick for 17" tires, so that will help some, but I have to agree that the off-set brings them out a bit farther than would be ideal. Hell, the pictures bring the lip of the rim outside the fender. Which means you'd need a really skinny tire to stretch underneath, and it's gonna look just...off. I dunno. They could certainly work on some cars, but I have to agree that I dunno if an e46 would be one. But, once new tires are on, it might look a hundred times better.

The other issue, is if you don't have spacers already on it, then you're gonna rub, almost guaranteed as soon as you drop it at all. Probably even with a really stretched tire on it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts