E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The OG Black Roof
2,552 Posts
I love driving 4.8 is's....god they are so hot and so damn fast...we have a few at work right now.. i actually just put some 21" BBS wheels on one the other day...

SO :pimp:

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
2,591 Posts
saw one the other day, even my wife who's not a huge car person was drooling!

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
2,591 Posts
btw, an IR X5 looks far more impressive in person

·
loves M.J.
5,041 Posts
:banghead: i knew I should have taken some pictures when I saw one, no matter how big of a doucher I may have looked. They're :drool: X1419913481093 in person, it took my breathe away..

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
My dad used to own a Titanium Silver 4.6is as well as a 4.4i before getting the 745i. That car is damn fast and the brakes are HUGE! My mom's '04 X5 3.0i looks like a chump compaired to what the 4.6 looked like, but she can't drive with big wheels because she'd bend the heck out of them.
4.8's can be had in Imola Red, Lemans blue, Black sapphire metallic, and Titanium Silver, Sterling Grey is only available for the Canadians. You can actually order Imola & Lemans for non-4.8is X5's for a $2,000 fee. This can also be done on any other non-M car for the $2,000 charge.
Not to bad of a price... my dad is thinking about trading in the his second 745i and ordering a '05 760i in Imola Red with Black leather ~ that would be bad ass!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bro... I just traded in my Audi for a '03 4.6is.... and all I got to say is you won't be disappointed.. I haven't driven the 4.8 but only imagine its all that and then some... can't really see where they can improve the 4.6.... the engine, the exhaust note, and the whole truck is just clean... my M hasn't been out at all for the last month...

·
Registered
576 Posts
kidsdoc said:
btw, an IR X5 looks far more impressive in person
SO true. i clicked on this thread expecting to :yikes: but i was like ehh, they look incredible in real life tho :thumbup:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Jeuprx-8 said:
My dad used to own a Titanium Silver 4.6is as well as a 4.4i before getting the 745i. That car is damn fast and the brakes are HUGE! My mom's '04 X5 3.0i looks like a chump compaired to what the 4.6 looked like, but she can't drive with big wheels because she'd bend the heck out of them.
4.8's can be had in Imola Red, Lemans blue, Black sapphire metallic, and Titanium Silver, Sterling Grey is only available for the Canadians. You can actually order Imola & Lemans for non-4.8is X5's for a $2,000 fee. This can also be done on any other non-M car for the $2,000 charge.
Not to bad of a price... my dad is thinking about trading in the his second 745i and ordering a '05 760i in Imola Red with Black leather ~ that would be bad ass!
i thought all X5s look the same on the outside?? Whether 3.0 or 4.8, the body is the same, no?

·
Banned
2,538 Posts
The 4.8 X5 is perfect, they even offer a blue interior trim now :drool: and the stock exhaust note is :str8pimpi just think if you put a aftermarket exhaust on a 4.8+exhaust= :bow:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts