E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
super light in weight and most of all very song, i strongly recommend SSR Type-C and Work Emotion CR for track purposes :craig:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
:thumbup: Anymore from a side profile..... i wanna see esp if they are on a 3 series....thanks.... :bow:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
That is what i hear... my cuz has the ssrgt3's and he just noticed his are bent alittle... and he is a very careful driver... that really sux.. i love the gt3's

·
Registered
686 Posts
from what i know, as type "c" stands for competition, and is best for tracking purposes (flat out pavement with no rocks, soda cans, dead squrrels, pot holes..etc..), as for the GT3s, the entire wheel is being held by 5 double spokes, and from the looks it does look kinda weak especially for european cars (heavy cars), these type Cs should be a lot better since the spokes are much stronger and thicker, type-cs are widely used in races and tracking used (this is from what i knwo)

·
Banned
26 Posts
freshyip said:
from what i know, as type "c" stands for competition, and is best for tracking purposes (flat out pavement with no rocks, soda cans, dead squrrels, pot holes..etc..), as for the GT3s, the entire wheel is being held by 5 double spokes, and from the looks it does look kinda weak especially for european cars (heavy cars), these type Cs should be a lot better since the spokes are much stronger and thicker, type-cs are widely used in races and tracking used (this is from what i knwo)
more like the opposite

·
Registered
317 Posts
SSR Comp's 18 inch wheels are like 13 pounds each, if I'm not mistaken. My cousin has them on his WRX in gold and they look sick. Very light too, I picked them up easily. Def would look sick on an e46, light rim, if you're thinking about it, go for it! :thumbup:

btw GT3's are more of a "show" wheel compared to the Competitions.

·
Banned
7,994 Posts
No way they are 13lbs. A very light 18" rim is around 18lbs.

Anyways, yes what they say about SSR's is true, the bend very easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SSR Comp

freshyip said:
super light in weight and most of all very song, i strongly recommend SSR Type-C and Work Emotion CR for track purposes :craig:
what's spec and size are you using for the rims and tires?

·
Registered
686 Posts
it's not my car, i took the picture before summer at a maxbimmer meet when we were driving to mosport my call is that those should be 18s, and from the looks, those should bit perfectly with your AP BBKs..hehe saw you a couple times at school, where is your front lip? :thumbup:

·
Registered
686 Posts
here are a couple other pics, but with the same E46 M3, and a couple others using the same wheel

hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SSR Comp

freshyip said:
here are a couple other pics, but with the same E46 M3, and a couple others using the same wheel

hope this helps
Thanks for the pics man :thumbup: . I'm still considering which one is good...SSR Comp/Volk Racing LE37T...I'm sure volks can clear my 6 piston bbk, not sure about SSR otherwise I have to put spacers. oh..you saw me several times at school? Is that you put the E46toronto's card on my window? I took off the front spoiler cause I got another stuffs for the front instead of the lip...I'll take off the rear spoiler once I got the M3 lip spoiler from Bluesky

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
man, that guy's from out local boards. he's running 18". He lives at the track when he's not at work. and yes these rims are LIGHTWEIGHT. 16.8lbs for the fronts, 17.2lbs. for the rears. these rims are quite popular performance wise.

as oppose to SSR GT3 (which I love and one of my all time favorite rims), weigh 24.3lbs for the front and 24.7lbs for the rears.

few more pics?

·
Registered
686 Posts
S3 SPORT said:
Thanks for the pics man :thumbup: . I'm still considering which one is good...SSR Comp/Volk Racing LE37T...I'm sure volks can clear my 6 piston bbk, not sure about SSR otherwise I have to put spacers. oh..you saw me several times at school? Is that you put the E46toronto's card on my window? I took off the front spoiler cause I got another stuffs for the front instead of the lip...I'll take off the rear spoiler once I got the M3 lip spoiler from Bluesky
very interesting project indeed, no i am not part of E46toronto. IMHO, SSR type-c, rays TE37 (or your LE37T choice) or even work emotion CR would look good, i have seen a couple M3s in 18s and they seriously look hardcore, and most of all, it completes the 'racing' look i believe you and i are both pursuing ;)

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Hey-G said:
man, that guy's from out local boards. he's running 18". He lives at the track when he's not at work. and yes these rims are LIGHTWEIGHT. 16.8lbs for the fronts, 17.2lbs. for the rears. these rims are quite popular performance wise.

as oppose to SSR GT3 (which I love and one of my all time favorite rims), weigh 24.3lbs for the front and 24.7lbs for the rears.

few more pics?

a phonix turned to a dakar :eek:

i like those pics! :thumbup:

·
Registered
317 Posts
vaio76109 said:
No way they are 13lbs. A very light 18" rim is around 18lbs.

Anyways, yes what they say about SSR's is true, the bend very easily.
You're right... my mistake... I believe the 17 inch SSR Comp is around 13 lbs though.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
17" comp's weigh 15.4 for 8.5's and 15.8 for 9's. I will be using these for the track this spring on my black 325ci and will post some pics. I had these on my '04 RX-8 and they were great. As long as you don't drive like an ass, I doubt you will bend these.

·
• DFW •
2,454 Posts
Plz post pics of SSR Comp H or SSR GT7 H!! Pref on a black coupe!

btw what does the H stand for?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts