BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help:

this is probably a dumb easy to answer question so i hope someone out there will be able to help me.

i've just managed to 'acquire' photoshop 7.0 as i thought it would help me cut out the picture of my car from a photo, but everytime i try to 'draw' around the outline of the car it looks very rough.

how do you guys manage to get a clean outline around your cars???

what settings and tools should i use to begin with

should i use a high res pic or low res pic????

i want to be able to create my own sig rather than ask others to do it.

any help appreciated :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Alwas take a high res pic!!!
and like bling said zoom in and then cut it with one of the lassos.
some filters, some tv-lines,...

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you cut it out while zoomed and it still looks a bit choppy, you can use the blur tool around the edges on a light % and it will take those away.

Or you could use my way:

Go into quick mask, zoom in on the edge of the car and "paint" everything you dont want selected (everything but your car) red. You don't need to switch the color palette to red, but since its in quickmask it will paint red (have your color palette set to standard black/white - black is to paint red and white is to erase red ) to signify what you do not want selected. Once you have all of the picture but your car 'painted' using quickmask, exit quick mask mode and your car will be selected. Then you can just go to Edit -> Copy and then go to your sig and press Edit -> Paste.

BTW, To enter quickmask - Under the Background/Foreground colors there are two icons, they look like folders with cirles inside them. To enter quickmask, click the dark folder with the white circle. (this is where you will use the paintbush and black as your foreground color to paint everything that you do not want copied, red). To exit quickmask, click the light folder with the white circle.

If you have any questions, or need explanation of the lame tutorial I just gave, just post them!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, i'm slowly getting there

i got to get some better pics to work with

Dinan M5: I like the quick mask method but when i clicked on white in color pallette it wouldn't erase. Only way I could erase was to turn on 'autoerase'. Not sure if there is another way.

still got to try the blur tool yet.........glad i got plenty of time.....no work for a week....... :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
The only thing I can think of to fix that problem is possible check what mode your paintbrush is on. It needs to be on normal for quickmask to work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts