BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm torn. I really don't want to mess with my suspension. I figure the engineers at BMW know what there doing when it comes to designing them. I'm not tracking or racing or whatever it is that some of the "hard core" members do. I'm a middle aged guy with three kids who just wants to make my ride stand out a little bit from every other generic Bimmer I see. Also have to put those kids through college so don't want to drop 1000's on suspension mods. I find myself analizing the clearance between tire and fender of every car I see to determine if I'll be happy with 18s and my stock, nonsport suspension. I know, it's pathetic! All I need are some photos of 18s (CSL's preferably) on a non lowered stock suspension that look good and I'm in. If not than it's back to therapy.:excited:
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
well, if you get the csl's it will look a lot better then what you have now...but in my opinion it still wont look right because you will still have the same gap between the wheel and the fender plus your ride will be higher because csl's are 18's and the ones you have now are 16's i beleve....what I recommend is that you get the H&R cup kit....they go for around $650 and it will give you a nice drop that will look great with the csl's and you wont sacrafice much of the ride quality

·
Registered
588 Posts
get low-pro tires and it wont look soooo high...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Some one needs to lower their car :eeps:
:werd:
NS. You need 1-2 in. drop big time.
I dropped my last car, 99 328i sport package, with a TCKline Racing kit about 1" in front and .5" in back and it tucked the sport package right up to the fender arches nicely.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I have sport suspension on my 330i, which is ok. I added 10mm spacers on all four corners. Which by the way gave the car a more aggressive stance. I also plan to drop the front 1'' and the back 0.5".

·
Registered
346 Posts
Have 18" but sport susp. 235-40-18 on all 4.

I'm torn. I really don't want to mess with my suspension. I figure the engineers at BMW know what there doing when it comes to designing them. I'm not tracking or racing or whatever it is that some of the "hard core" members do. I'm a middle aged guy with three kids who just wants to make my ride stand out a little bit from every other generic Bimmer I see. Also have to put those kids through college so don't want to drop 1000's on suspension mods. I find myself analizing the clearance between tire and fender of every car I see to determine if I'll be happy with 18s and my stock, nonsport suspension. I know, it's pathetic! All I need are some photos of 18s (CSL's preferably) on a non lowered stock suspension that look good and I'm in. If not than it's back to therapy.:excited:
Thanks!
Have #135 wheels now but will be changing in near future also have heard that convertibles sit lower? Good luck,

Attachments

·
Are we there yet??
6,803 Posts
Thanks!
AFter I look at your car you have the non sport suspension, if you want get a set of used sport suspension springs, it will drop it down but not a crazy amount and the ride will not be to much stiffer then stock.

If you can find them you can do what I did and get some used ZHP springs, same effect a slight bit lower but not that harsh a ride either, although definitely firmer then the sport package springs.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I Have 25mm Spacers Now My Tires Scrape On Big Bumps My Car Is Not Even Lowered Yet I Am Going To Lower It Next Week I Wonder How Bad Is It Going To Scrape Then With The Spacers On

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I Have 25mm Spacers Now My Tires Scrape On Big Bumps My Car Is Not Even Lowered Yet I Am Going To Lower It Next Week I Wonder How Bad Is It Going To Scrape Then With The Spacers On
Is your car on stock suspension? What size wheels are those? 18's? 19's?

Is what you're saying that if you didn't have spacers, your wheels wouldn't rub on bumps?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Here is my wagon with the standard suspension on 17X8 BBSs for another perspective for you.......... The way it is sitting on the hill makes the front wheel gap look bigger than it really is.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts