E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered Philips Ultinon 6000k for my low beam, now I'm trying to decide whether to go for Philips Crystal Vision or Diamond Vision for my high beam. I've asked the seller, he says the Diamond Vision will match my HID, the Crystal Vision will be pure white, but I'm not sure whether the Diamond Vision will be too blue...

Anyone have any experience with the Philips Crystal Vision or Diamond Vision? Help is much appreciated :bow:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
robin325ci said:
get the diamond vision. :thumbup:
Are they really blue? or just white with a lightly blue tint? Do you have pics of them? I hate those bulbs that emit blue light, it makes the car looks kind of cheap. (But I don't want to spend $400 on another set of Xenons high beam, since I don't really use them a lot, I just want them to match my Xenons)

Thanks for you opinion :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
they are pure white with a hint of blue. they look like real hid from a distance! infact a couple of my friends thought i bought hid's!

i'll take a pic tomorrow (it's 1:30am in manila). currently i have oem 4300k xenon low beams and philips crystal vision fogs. i can take the diamond vision from my z3 and put it in the high beam. i will also reconnect the 6k xenon on one of the fogs (i took it out because my second xtec ballast gave in!) so you can compare them - oem, halogen high, 6k fogs, diamond high and crystal fog

·
Registered
575 Posts
here are the pics. oem 4300k bixenons, philips diamond vision on the passenger side high beam, stock halogen on the driver side high beam, xtec 6k hid on the passenger fog, philips crystal vision on the driver side fog. sorry for the poor pics, i'm no photographer so i had to use my sunglasses to filter out the glare :shhh:

diamond vision on the high beam. xtec 6k on the fog lamp

stock halogen on the high beam, philips crystal vision on the fog lamp

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woot...Thanks a lot for the pic (very clever for using sunglasses:thumbup:), really helps a lot. Also thanks for the effort for changing those bulbs. Really appreciated it, thanks a million :bow: :bow: :bow:

I guess I made the right decision, ordered DiamondVision for the highbeam and CrystalVision for the fog. (Though they're kinda yellowish...but that's what I'm after, to backup my 6000k Xenon due to their poor visibility in the rain) Again, thanks for your help. :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
k3vkoh said:
Woot...Thanks a lot for the pic (very clever for using sunglasses:thumbup:), really helps a lot. Also thanks for the effort for changing those bulbs. Really appreciated it, thanks a million :bow: :bow: :bow:

I guess I made the right decision, ordered DiamondVision for the highbeam and CrystalVision for the fog. (Though they're kinda yellowish...but that's what I'm after, to backup my 6000k Xenon due to their poor visibility in the rain) Again, thanks for your help. :)
no problem :thumbup:

i was in malaysia last month, i don't think you will have a problem since your roads are lit up very well at night (even the highways)! i think you can drive with no lights on and have no problem seeing the road :) here in manila, you need all the light you can get to avoid the countless potholes and the stupid trucks and jeepneys with no tailights!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol...The road at my place is full of potholes as well, and some of the "idiotic" Malay drive their scooter without light, can hardly see them even with my headlight on.

I guess the Phillipines and Malaysians are of the same kind. And the government as well, we pay tax so we can have a road full of potholes :lmao:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.