BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's actually called a phatnoise phatbox. Kenwood makes the music keg using the technology licensed from phatnoise. I've got the phatbox installed in my 2003 330i. Works great, easy install. What do you want to know?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
INstall question

gfeiner said:
It's actually called a phatnoise phatbox. Kenwood makes the music keg using the technology licensed from phatnoise. I've got the phatbox installed in my 2003 330i. Works great, easy install. What do you want to know?
Is the install real easy, just remove the CD changer and it uses the same connection/cable, etc. I assume it will work jsut fine with my OEM head unit?

What is the quality of the sound when played back same as CD quality or better. Do you think it is worth the $900 ++.

Thanks for your feedback..

·
• DFW •
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your comments

Thanks for the info. You are right the prices is real nice.. A lot cheaper than the music keg.

I assume you a unit from <www.ssiamerica.com >

My question is the connector that they sell for BMW. Connection via the CD changer is this just plug and play. I still have the OEM head unit.

Would apreciate your comments.

·
Registered
115 Posts
yes the connector for the phatbox just plugs into the existing CD changer cable. Phatnoise uses a blitzsafe adapter that has been modified for the proper voltage. One end of the adapter plugs into your pre-wired, factory cd changer cable and the other end plugs into the phatbox unit. The phatbox fools your factory head unit into thinking it's a regular cd changer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts