BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. My first thread, and I'm genuinely confused about this.

My mechanic friend decided to check my car for any codes, and the only one that came up was Code P0035, which states, "Turbo Charger Bypass Wastegate Valve Control Circuit High."

I find this really odd because my car is a 2000 328ci, and it clearly is not turbo. I searched around the net for any info, but none came up for my particular model. My guess is that the code reader he was using was incompatible or something like that. Or it may be something else wrong that could cause that code to come up, but I have no idea. Any thoughts?

*Edit: I just found something on Bimmerforums. Their user had the same car and error code. It turned out to be a Cam Position Sensor for him, but I just changed both of mine last year, so it still doesn't add up. My car is running fine, too, while his was stalling every now and then.

·
Registered
150 Posts
get a peake or bmw specific code
I agree with this! :)

Please have a look at the article in my signature titled "Peake Tool Crash Course." You'll find information about the types of codes your BMW produces - your mechanic friend is using a generic OBDII tool that cannot access the BMW factory codes.

Our products ignore the often misleading OBDII and connect directly to the BMW factory system.

Our products are available from a network of authorized retailers. You can see a list of these businesses who support this forum by clicking on the main portion of my signature below.

Best of luck,

Ken

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, gonna spring for the Peake Tool--it'll be nice to be able to see correct codes and reset my oil service lights without paper clips lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts