BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so id like to get a shark injector for my 323i auto.. i see alot of people recomending it. my question is how does it work do i just plug it in to the odb2 port and let it do its thing or do i need to connect it to a laptop and use a programing software type thing. new to bmw and ive never tuned a car myself so im not even sure im asking the right questions but i do know its what many people recomend me doing as a first mod afyer cai and exhaust. could somebody point me in the right direction? i originally just bought this car to beat on but fell in love with it

·
Registered
2005 BMW 330i ZHP Auto
143 Posts
not sure i understand
The performance gains will be negligible. If you want to go faster, you'd be better suited to find a 330i on craigslist. It's hard to get power out of these engines without going forced induction, as BMW has already tuned them very well.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,550 Posts
it plugs into OBD port and uploads new files and downloads old in case you need to put back to stock. it'll need a steady voltage, some use a battery charger when installing. just go to TMS as they'll have the info listed.

for an automatic its not that great because of the trans software. Dinan makes one for the trans but you have to also buy their engine software.

there's a lot of generic tunes out now. but yes, the M52TU engine responds better than the M54 cars. but don't expect anything huge. it will help though. I did this back in my early days with my 323Ci. but mine was a manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts