BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I need some reccomendations of good performance shops in the DC/MD/VA area.

I am getting my M3 in 3 months and I want to do pricing on my mods.

Thanks in advance!
Rick

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Most people recommend Curry's in Gaithersburg, MD..

I know DonDon, Eddie, other DTMPower & Fanatics guys go there and they are great from what I hear :thumbup:

·
Europrojektz East
7,149 Posts
rickrick17 said:
Hi everyone.
I need some reccomendations of good performance shops in the DC/MD/VA area.

I am getting my M3 in 3 months and I want to do pricing on my mods.

Thanks in advance!
Rick
I just have a question... what exactly are "performance" shops, I mean, what sorts of mods can be done at these shops? Are we talking about strictly mods to enhance performance only? Would these performance shops be able to install aftermarket exhausts? Thanks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
also check out Import Sports in Gaithersberg I think it is. They are really cool guys and know what they are doing from my experience. they do a lot of japanese car (big stuff like engine transplants etc) but also some benzes and bimmers.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Depends on what you want, but I'm always available to help on the smaller stuff... DDEs's, on/off switches, starter button switches, etc...

give me a shout, I'm north of balto 20 mins

John V

·
Registered
148 Posts
AutoThority:

I did one dyno session there:

The printer connected to the computer connected to the dyno jammed. The guy there rebooted, tried pretty much everything. No go.
The computer connecting to the dyno does not have a I-net connection so files had to be saved to a disk and then e-mailed to me. They did not have a disk.
I came back with a disk but i got brushed off because it was afterhours already.
The second day I expected the files before noon at least. Nothing. At 4:30 I left work to pay them a visit. I got there to be told that the e-mail was sent out already. I look in my mailbox - indeed - it was sent out at 4:15. :mad:

Overall not a good experience.
If you have an alternative choice then go ahead and take it.

God Bless,
Filip

1 - 11 of 11 Posts