BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there replaced the headers on their e46? What did you go with, and do you have a dyno?

What companies besides Supersprint even make performance headers for the e46? How much power can be gained by upgrading the headers?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What companies besides Supersprint even make performance headers for the e46? How much power can be gained by upgrading the headers? [/B][/QUOTE]

about 12hp!!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I think HIOP is the only reasonably-priced one at $800. I wrote them an e-mail and they replied that the complete system including headers and metallic cats shall be ready by Christmas.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Jspeed said:
I think HIOP is the only reasonably-priced one at $800. I wrote them an e-mail and they replied that the complete system including headers and metallic cats shall be ready by Christmas.
really?? 800 sounds good not bad...how many hp claim??
and does hiop make midpipe too??

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
K-white330ci said:
how many hp claim?? and does hiop make midpipe too??
For their E36 headers HIOP claims 8 HP and they haven't released official info on their E46 headers. My guess is there should be a higher gain since the factory exhaust manifold on the E46 looks more restrictive (b/c of the cats being so close to the engine) than the E36's. HIOP will also make a midpipe w/ metallic sports cats to complement the headers. If you meant midpipe as in cat-less racing pipes then the answer is no.

·
Manwhore
2,834 Posts
Jspeed said:

best news i have heard all year... please keep us posted!! :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts