E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just ordered my ECIS CAI, and I cant wait to receive it :woot: . If anyone can decribe the sound or post up a sound clip, i would greatly appreciate it. I just dont want to go insane waiting and imagining what it will be like. Thanks :thumbup:
(By the way, I dont want to hear about the "gruppeM" and how much better it is)

·
1,074 Posts
you'll definatly hear it growl now, but you're also gonna hear a little whistle when cruzing (only with the windows down tho). over all best bang for your buck (intake wise) :thumbup:

·
Registered
784 Posts
trying to get a good sound clip from my car, hasn't been working too well. Either way, the sound is awesome. Above 4500rpms and you'll never wanna drive below that. I kinda like the low rpm whistle, some others don't. U won't be disappointed.

Oh yea, it takes just about 15 minutes to install it too, so there isn't too much waiting around once you recieve it

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think its great. It sounds good, looks relatively stock if you remove all of the stickers that come attached to it, and for the money is the best value of the "real" developed non-ebay type air filter kits. Some will disagree, but for me the gruppe M is not more than twice as good (since it costs twice as much) and sticks out in the engine bay like a slapped on afterthought. I guess the ECIS is just more my cup of tea, I'm not really knocking the gruppe M, some people have it and love it. The only other one I really like the look of is conforti. Remember, all of the "real" developed non-ebay kits are going to perform about the same, so just pick the one you like based on look and sound. I personally like the ECIS and would do it again. :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts