E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,399 Posts
I consider my UUC Sways as one of the best mods i've ever done to my car. It changed the way my car handles dramatically. Corners much flatter (convertibles have considerable mroe body roll as compared t coupes due to the lack of body stifness w/o the roof and heavier chassis) The car rides smoother as well, overall, steering is much more tighter and is extremely accurate to my commands. I have nothing but praises for UUC Sways. Of course you have to adjust thme to your desirered settings.

Keep in mine if you have an M3, the UUC sways proly wont fit. not sure if they have M3 specific applications. But as for 330, i would definitely get them.

·
Registered
380 Posts
lilherc79 said:
I consider my UUC Sways as one of the best mods i've ever done to my car. It changed the way my car handles dramatically. Corners much flatter (convertibles have considerable mroe body roll as compared t coupes due to the lack of body stifness w/o the roof and heavier chassis) The car rides smoother as well, overall, steering is much more tighter and is extremely accurate to my commands. I have nothing but praises for UUC Sways. Of course you have to adjust thme to your desirered settings.

Keep in mine if you have an M3, the UUC sways proly wont fit. not sure if they have M3 specific applications. But as for 330, i would definitely get them.
What settings do you have them on?

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
5,399 Posts
Hardest up front and Medium in the rear.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well, I like my UUC sways, they do provide improvement in decreasing body roll. However, I don't think it's that dramatic of a change. I only noticed some improvements when taking wide turns, such as freeway on/off ramps. In sudden lane changes, the car still has a "floaty" feeling with body roll and I am running stiffest setting on front and rear.

So if you're looking for that turning-on-rail feel, set of aftermarket springs and/or shocks probably will be your best bet. Running on stock sport suspension + UUC sways, I still find the car rolling too much.

my .02 cents

·
+ M-Tech part.2 +
281 Posts
Awesome mod...wouldn;t go back despite the noise they still make...

·
Registered
913 Posts
used Eibach sways on my 323i- AFTER adding springs, it had a difference from before. Your biggest improvement comes from owering springs and then sways, IMO. There is an increase in lateral stability with the thicker bars.

Seat of the pants feel IS obvious.

·
Registered
618 Posts
One of the best "bang for the buck" mods you can make. It really does a nice job of reducing body roll. If I had it to do over, I would have done UUC Sways first with my stock sport suspension and then considered whether or not to install PSS9's. But now that I have both PSS9's and sways, the suspension is fantastic... :D :thumbup:

·
INDEED
1,115 Posts
I JUST installed sways yesterday. The new rears from UUC only have two settings, at least for me. Car feels a lot flatter, but yes, lowering would definitely improve handling as well.

·
Registered
380 Posts
fasteddie said:
I JUST installed sways yesterday. The new rears from UUC only have two settings, at least for me. Car feels a lot flatter, but yes, lowering would definitely improve handling as well.
If yours are the same as mine, the rear does have only two holes, but the "medium" setting is achieved by using one front and one rear hole on either side.

You guys who have the front set on stiff and the rear on medium, did this increase the oversteer relative to stock?

Conversely, those with the fronts on medium and the rears on stiff, do you get the rear end swinging around more?

·
Registered
492 Posts
AlexRDI330ci said:
...You guys who have the front set on stiff and the rear on medium, did this increase the oversteer relative to stock?

Conversely, those with the fronts on medium and the rears on stiff, do you get the rear end swinging around more?
I'm confused. I though the following was true. Who KNOWS the truth.

Understeer = Wheels turned, car keeps going straight.

Oversteer = Wheels turned, Rear-end swings out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.