BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are compiling a section on our website for customer pics and bios for those with our new one-piece intakes (in both aluminum and Carbon Fiber). Please send us your pics to [email protected] (unlimited size to this address), or post them up here under this thread!!!

-Dan

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,818 Posts
I must say steve... that's a pretty lookin intake... If you guys made a short intake like the GruppeM (Hint Hint) It'd definately be in my car. If you ever want to test on a 328... hit me up ;) I'd be happy to compare it to the ECIS I just ordered.

Keep up the good work BFP! :)

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jlevi said:
I must say steve... that's a pretty lookin intake... If you guys made a short intake like the GruppeM (Hint Hint) It'd definately be in my car. If you ever want to test on a 328... hit me up ;) I'd be happy to compare it to the ECIS I just ordered.

Keep up the good work BFP! :)
I just got off the phone with one of our co-founders, and it would be possible - in theory - to make a short version of the above intake with a heatshield... It would be a 3.5" ram-air tube with a (possibly ceramic coated) heatshield... That way customers could choose between an in-bumper intake and a ram-air intake.

Hmmmm. We're workin' on it.

-Dan (Steve's back in the matrix right now)

·
Registered
117 Posts
if that happens...looks like i'll have to sell my current bfp and invest in another...lets hope!!!

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
russ330 said:
strut tower brace?? :D
Yeah, I know I know! We were supposed to meet with the shop making the tower brace on Tuesday (right during the fires). The bar design is done - we have the bar... It's the CNC'd bases we're completing now... I haven't heard from them since the fire, and they were in the path of it... :yikes: :eek:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Here is a quick photo I took of my intake. Let me know if you want more.

Dan - I seemed to have misplaced my "BFP" logo sticker for the intake. Any way I can get another one? Sux not to have one on there!

·
'a certain moderator'
38,245 Posts
u may have seen the install pics that charlie took, but tomorrow is the day for me to do a complete engine detail, and HOPEFULLY i will be able to snag a pic of some sort after that :D

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,639 Posts
simsima325 said:
u may have seen the install pics that charlie took, but tomorrow is the day for me to do a complete engine detail, and HOPEFULLY i will be able to snag a pic of some sort after that :D
Dan, I have all of the install pics. I will email them to you....hit me up when you have time. By the way, we had the brake duct cut so that it's still functional too :D

Thanks,
Charlie

·
Mod Squad
12,677 Posts
BFP said:

Yeah, I know I know! We were supposed to meet with the shop making the tower brace on Tuesday (right during the fires). The bar design is done - we have the bar... It's the CNC'd bases we're completing now... I haven't heard from them since the fire, and they were in the path of it... :yikes: :eek:
Man those damn fires are screwing everything up. I hope everyone is okay, and no shops burn down. Are there any 'spy' photos of the brace you could leak?? :D

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
russ330 said:

Man those damn fires are screwing everything up. I hope everyone is okay, and no shops burn down. Are there any 'spy' photos of the brace you could leak?? :D
I'll take a picture next week and post it up... We visited the shop today, and the fires were about a mile away (Phew!). We have a working version on an E46 right now and the thing is SOLID!!! The only problem with pix of it is that it's only a structural piece - and the finish on it is not the same finish of the production part.

The project is on track and we will have several in our hands within a couple of weeks.

-Dan

·
Banned
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys, we already have a beta car in house (E46). Of the first 5 bars we get, three are going overseas to distributors to test out, one is going up to LA for a photo shoot, and the last one is going to be structurally tested (i.e. have the living crap beaten out of it) before we make the initial batch.

Regards,

-Dan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts