E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay...i want my 02 330i faster...its a steppy by the way...i want really cheap ways to add horsies and get a more aggressive sound...all i have is the benfer intake coming next week...i am thinkin about taking off my cats...and runnin a straight pipe into my stock muffler?any numbers approx on those for hp gains as well as the price? thanks a lot...

·
Der Meisterstück
2,346 Posts
the car's computer might go off if you do that.

maybe a free flowing cat (racing cat) or better exhaust system. Some custom exhausts like the ones you see on ricers may actually decrease your horse power. Its already got 225hp, for significant gains you'd actually have to plop down some serious cash. Plus, if you look on this forum, lots of people get around 15 hp from an intake and exhaust setup anyways. And those people are buying some really good stuff like Eismann, Dinan, UUC etc as well as Gruppe M intakes.

I guess you need to look into Turbos or Supercharger systems to get some serious power increases.

·
name's PHIL
5,887 Posts
SORRY MATE...........welcome to driving a bimmer, where youre shiet out of luck to increasing your HP w/o shelling out some serious $$$$$:thumbdwn: :banghead: :cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.