E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is an issue with my gas pedal. It is "sticking." When the pedal is depressed lightly, the rpm does not increase and the car does not accelerate. After a split second, I will feel a "click" at the pedal and the car will "lurch" forward as if someone fully depressed the pedal. This is happening consistantly every day.

I've done searches and nearly all the cars are 2001 or newer. I have not seen this issue on a 2000 year model. so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've read in this forum that speaks of a "gas pedal recall". I've talked with BMWNA (800# found on the BMW owners circle site) and they confirm that there is in fact a service bulletin relating to your problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm..guess I'll call BMWNA and see waht they say.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've read a lot about this issue on other forums--bimmerfest I believe. From what I remember, some dealers "lubed" the old one up, and some people got a whole new pedal assembly. Obviously the new assy will be a better long term fix. I'm paranoid after reading about this and think mine might be starting to stick a bit too so let me know what you find out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts