E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I just have a question about the accelerator pedal. How in the world can you get to the back of the pedal to install the washer and nut?

Holes are drilled, but accessibility to the back portion of the pedal is like [almost] impossible!!! I've got small hands and yet it's still so difficult to get back there. Ok...is there a way to take the plastic accelerator pedal piece out entirely and install it that way? Or must you reach back there and somehow miraculously get the washer and nut to lock in place?

Any tips, suggestions, etc. on how to make this process easier? I mean...drilling the brake (metal) pedal was easier than this!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
needs a new sig...
4,494 Posts
umm..i had this problem today..what i did is drill the holes on the pedal smaller then the screw and used a little force to get them thru..then i didnt even need the nuts because the screws held it in place tight enough maybe ill put a little sealent on the back of the screws later for good measure!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Dev said:
Ok...I just have a question about the accelerator pedal. How in the world can you get to the back of the pedal to install the washer and nut?

Holes are drilled, but accessibility to the back portion of the pedal is like [almost] impossible!!! I've got small hands and yet it's still so difficult to get back there. Ok...is there a way to take the plastic accelerator pedal piece out entirely and install it that way? Or must you reach back there and somehow miraculously get the washer and nut to lock in place?

Any tips, suggestions, etc. on how to make this process easier? I mean...drilling the brake (metal) pedal was easier than this!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
It isn't easy, but a good set of needle nose pliers will make it a bit easier. Slip on the washer, hold it with a finger, have the nut in the tip of the needle nose pliers and place it over the bolt, carefully tighten from the Front.

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,447 Posts
The gas pedal is easiest to do. Just take that off and then u have lots of room to work on it. I just pop the bottom tap at the back where its fasten to the floor and pull it up. Then flip up that piece to almost where it touch the bottom of das. It should slid to the left side and its off. I got the OEM one from Circle BMW and they also gave me new one to mount the aluminum peds to it... didnt know why since I thought I could just use existing one.
:dunno:

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait...you're saying that the accelerator pedal is fastened to the floor (carpet)? Is it a snap on type? Or is it screw/bolted on? Interesting. If that works, that would make it much easier to install.

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,447 Posts
Yes its very easy to do... if you look at it the top is the main part and the bottom is just to hold the pedal in place. IM me on aol Yellowmann. If you have questions.

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can see at the bottom (back of pedal) that there is a lever/latch. I have been able to unlatched the lever from the pedal by pushing it away from the pedal. However the pedal still won't budge as I try to move it. What am I missing here?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts