E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1.888.JLEVISW
28,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just got these pedals from Jlevi Streetwerks. They came blank but they also came with an option of ACS or ///M stickers. I opted for the ACS ones. The result were ACS pedals at less than half the cost.

I thought I'd share some pics cause I havent really posted any of my mods lately. Hopefully a full revealing will come soon :eeps:

Anywho, the install was a breeze. The only hard part was drilling through the steel brake pedal which required a tungsten bit. It just requires patience and a bit of strength. Otherwise I had no problems lining up the holes and drilling right through. I am very pleased with the results and the first time I picked up my friend he immediately noticed the new pedals. Here is how it turned out (and sorry for the crappy pics...I know I need a new camera):

Attachments

·
1.888.JLEVISW
13,665 Posts
I still maintain that the reflective 2-tone ACS logos on these replicas look 10000000x better than the one-tone etched-in logos on the authentic pedals:drool:
They look gorgeus Nick, great job installing them :thumbup:
Havn't had a chance to take off my junky pedals... how's the grip on them? It feels pretty good to the hand, how about during driving?

JL

·
Mod Squad
9,480 Posts
Lookin' good. So those pedals come blank. I think that they would become a rather popular option around here. A fraction of the price for "brand name" pedals, and no need for a logo.

Damn these sure coulda saved me a grip of cash back when I bought my UUC ones. :( Oh well I do have matching floor mats for the pedals... that almost makes it worth it. Oh wait, no it doesn't. :tsk:

Congrats on another great product JLevi. :)

·
1.888.JLEVISW
13,665 Posts
Thanks Russ :thumbup:
It should get more interesting... we paid an arm and a leg for these, as far as wholesale terms go... but we have a connection at a machining shop around here who can replicate any metal piece up to .00000001" or some such thing... so we may be getting pedals and possible engraving them with "Jlevi StreetWerks"... :evil:

Or maybe you're right.. we could make blank pedals, and just get some nice Jlevi StreetWerks vinyl logos, like the ACS or ///M ones we have right now :dunno:
Thanks for the input :thumbup:

how would the adhesive on those pedals stand up to some wet shoes/sneakers
Not sure if you mean the logos or the rubber, so I'll answer both.
The rubber is awesome and extremely sticky on any aftermarket pedal. They all use the same thing. The only instance where they were a little slippery is when the idiots at the detailing place decided to "shine" my pedals with tire shine :eek:
Water is not an issue, and they are pretty grippy.

As for the stickers:
Basically, these aren't like regular logos or stickers. Think of them like the bubble-logos that ACS puts on all their body kits. They are extremely, extremely adhesive, made to withstand the elements. I guess BMWERKEN will have to tell us how these puppies hold up at his next autocross :dunno:

·
is on da floor
2,351 Posts
He and his said:
u mean how would the rubber on the pedals stand to wet sneaks.........they do a good job and that why its there
doh i meant the stickers! im leaning towards a hamann interior theme but these ACS sticker ones look pretty good for something i'll be stepping on everyday

·
Banned
0 Posts
The sticker in pic 2 looks skewed, and the sticker in pic 3 looks photoshopped. Because of this I think blank would be better. I always laugh when I see this kind of thing too, because if some guy puts a M badge on his lesser 3 series, he gets burned at the stake for it, but it's all good to put a ACS sticker on something that is clearly not ACS. With that aside, I think the pedals look great. :thumbup:

·
1.888.JLEVISW
28,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The stickers hold up perfectly. I just drove over 100 miles tonight and no problems what so ever. We will see during Autox but I think they should hold up very very well.

I'm thinkin about trying to get a hold of some of the ///M stickers cause I dont think I will be going with any other ACS pieces in my interior so it might look awkward. I will also have the SMG wheel so the ///M on the SMG wheel would go nicely...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dude.. I hope you didn't pay more then $30 ship for them... my replica set have the ACS logo engraved on them... the sticker thing.. I don't know.. :rolleyes: .. they'll probably come off after several thousands miels..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.