E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2002 3 series with factory fitted PDC. Problem is sometimes when reverse gear is engaged the PDC sounds continously when there is nothing behind the car.

All rear sensors are ticking and pulsing.

What next??

cheers

·
Registered
150 Posts
All the sensors have to have a strong clicking noise. If one or more is quieter than the rest then it can cause the whole system to fail and give the constant beep when in reverse. That or the control unit is faulty, but I do not think this happens too often. The control unit is item 1 in the link, and I think is located in the rear right corner of the boot, behind the carpet. http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BV52&mospid=47613&btnr=66_0003&hg=66&fg=05
Another area to look is all the electrical cables, that run along the bumper as there may be a slight short-out there on the bumper reinforcement bar.

Regards,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that.

All the sensors are pulsing and clicking equally, which perhaps points towards the control module, although I am doubtful that is the problem. I have read other posts on here suggesting sensors can still be faulty even with a strong pulse and click.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.