BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

E46 2002 325i

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I have done wrong?

I just installed the PDC today (double & triple check the wiring).When I put the car in reverse, I just get a ring tone for about 5 seconds from the gong. Then I reverse and :bawling: the PDC don't work.

Any suggestions??????

thanks
Dennis

Do I need to take the car to my dealer for coding the PDC unit?

·
Registered
140 Posts
You definitely need a MoDiC III or DIS Tester for coding. See step 8 in your installation instructions.

*edit - I'm thinking you don't have the install instructions. I can email them to you if you care to provide me with your address.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Godspeed said:
You definitely need a MoDiC III or DIS Tester for coding. See step 8 in your installation instructions.

*edit - I'm thinking you don't have the install instructions. I can email them to you if you care to provide me with your address.
I got the instructions thank you :bow: . It said "For optimal adaptation of the PDC retrofit system to the specific vehicle, coding of the PDC control unit is required."
I though that it should still work without coding the PDC unit.

·
Registered
2001 E46 330Ci, LSD diff, Dinan performance, Facelifted Mpackage
136 Posts

Would you mind sharing this if it is for a E46
[email protected]

·
Registered
582 Posts
The PDC should just work without any coding. The most common problem is that non-genuine backup sensors won't work in all four locations. I forget if it's the inner two or the outer two that must be genuine. You can verify if this is the problem by testing the system using INPA.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2001 E46 330Ci, LSD diff, Dinan performance, Facelifted Mpackage
136 Posts
The PDC should just work without any coding. The most common problem is that non-genuine backup sensors won't work in all four locations. I forget if it's the inner two or the outer two that must be genuine. You can verify if this is the problem by testing the system using INPA.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
i am looking to grab the system from an m3 and i am thinking i will be picking up new sensors since the system is most likly from a junkyard.
I thought you had the install instructions which i was going to educate my self so i know what exactly i am picking up, but i guess i could do that with realoem as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts