BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Sofa-king-what
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well your pdc module is older than what your car would have come with if it came with PDC. I don’t know if that’s enough to make it not work, but might be worth grabbing a newer module.
in fact the other goal wolud be update it, some say it's possible some not..

however it's dog that eats its own tail, pdc was working

it won't be that the eagle eyes (not oem leds) have a part in this mess?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Did you ever check to see if it's configured to use the kbus or reverse wire to trigger the PDC? It's still possible that switching from one to the other might help (assuming you have the reverse wire connected - older cars used it but newer cars didn't). When I retrofitted the PDC on my cars I didn't bother hooking up the reverse wire and just used kbus.
You can see how it's configured easily in PA Soft. I'm sure there is also an option in NCS Expert but I'm not sure which one it is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Did you ever check to see if it's configured to use the kbus or reverse wire to trigger the PDC? It's still possible that switching from one to the other might help (assuming you have the reverse wire connected - older cars used it but newer cars didn't). When I retrofitted the PDC on my cars I didn't bother hooking up the reverse wire and just used kbus.
You can see how it's configured easily in PA Soft. I'm sure there is also an option in NCS Expert but I'm not sure which one it is.

That's not a coding thing, it automatically picks it up based on what's connected.

·
Sofa-king-what
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Terra...
is there a way to completely remove (not physically) and then re-do the coding process

·
Sofa-king-what
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
FYI

The problem was given by aftermarket sensors that seemed not to be completely digested by the system despite their spec 100% oem replacement and their perfect reading (via inpa)
i've placed new OEM sensors and BAM, everything back to life.

i did some tests and i've found out that if the aftermarket sensors are placed on 1-4 (outer slots) by keeping the OEM ones in the inner slots, they wont affect functionality, while they do not work if placed in the inner slots (and OEM on the outer).
in this case, they click completely different from the OEM ones..

CASE SOLVED !!!

·
Sofa-king-what
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
If only this solution was suggested earlier

I don't remember if it was actually proposed by someone but it is precisely the criterion of how a sensor can act differently based on the position (and the fact that all Valeo aftermarket read perfect values in diagnosis), and why they can be mixed and keep working which is downright incomprehensible

I hope this will help in the future

41 - 49 of 49 Posts