BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that you can pull the headlight flasher in order to activate the headlights for 40 seconds after the car is turned off, but is there a way to program the car to where they just automatically stay on when the car is turned off?? or for them to come on automatically when you press unlock like Hondas do? Please help

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Yea that would be awesome, I've seen it before but I have no clue how to do it.......anybody who knows of this please post it up - that's def. something I wanna do if someone knows how

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone else is interested, keep posting so this stays at the top of the list and gets answered

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
huntmdwn said:
I know that you can pull the headlight flasher in order to activate the headlights for 40 seconds after the car is turned off, but is there a way to program the car to where they just automatically stay on when the car is turned off?? or for them to come on automatically when you press unlock like Hondas do? Please help

"but is there a way to program the car to where they just automatically stay on when the car is turned off?? "

Yes, this is possible but you have to have this option turned on by the dealer. Its a car memory setting.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you sure...where is this listed and do they go off after 40 seconds...i also want the headlights or the DRLs to come on when i hit unlock

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
I'm not sure if BMW's can do that. I think it'll be bad ass if they could. Mercedes has something similar, except the fogs and parking lights come on.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
its an option in your cars computer memory, like suggested by bm-man.

just take it to the dealership and ask them to enable the pathway lighting...if they are confused by that, explain it to them...heck ask them to print out the listing of all the computer settings on your car...you can find it in the 4 page or so printout and then tell them what to change

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I already have pathway lighting (when you pull the stalk and the lights come on) but i want them to stay on without me having to pull on the stalk and for them to come on when i press unlock on the remote key.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hunt,

We all have pathway lighting. But as we said before take it to dealer to have them set it to do it automatically instead of doing it manually by pulling stalk. And u'll have to check with dealer on if they can come on when u hit unlock.

Also automatic or manually doing it, its still called pathway lighting.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
yeah like i said, its an option to have them set your computer to do that

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
can anyone who has any of the 2 features vouch for it pleez? I remember hearing about turning on the Auto-Pathway (Follow-me-Home) with car memory but just checking to see if anyone has done it and if they like it!?! Will this in any way hurt my xenons since they will be going on and off quite a few times( i wont abuse them of couse but you know)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I asked my service adviser the exact same question when I have them changeed my car memory settings. He printed out a list of options and told me the pathway lighting is activated via a pull to the signal stalk only. So they can't program it to turn on through the remote or automatically when I lock or unlock the car. I later asked another service adviser and he told me the same thing. If anyone find out that this isn't true please let us know.

Thanks,
RC

1 - 20 of 27 Posts