E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 323i - Passenger window worked fine, the other day it got stuck half way down. Hit the switch to bring it all the way up, it went up till about 2.5-3 inches just shy of the top. I think its registering that it is all the way up but in fact isn't, (opening and closing the door it moves, closing the door it moves up like its trying to seal the top)
Suggestions on if its the regulator or motor?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds like a window regulator to me. My buddy from DSRLeasing had very same problem twice in two different cars. Not a big deal tho, good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a window regulator to me. My buddy from DSRLeasing had very same problem twice in two different cars. Not a big deal tho, good luck
Got the door panel off to find that 1 out of the 4 10mm screws was replaced with a stripped torx bolt. Couldnt manage to get that one off and had to abandoned the fix.
Is it even possible to remove the regulator on a Ci ? It appeared to be pretty fit on the glass of the window.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts