BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The passenger air bag is usually off when I have someone on the seat it goes on and off From time to time what could be the problem
Has anybody had this before

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
E46 04 330ci

The air bag light is usually off when I have a passenger sit down it's off not until the kinda move to get comfortable it turns on after a while it turns off. Has anybody had this issue ? What can I do ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
E46 04 330ci

The air bag light is usually off when I have a passenger sit down it's off not until the kinda move to get comfortable it turns on after a while it turns off. Has anybody had this issue ? What can I do ?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sounds like the sensor in the seat is going bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can get a unit of ebay to turn that light off. Its nothing to worry about these e46's have this common problem, the sensor is underneath the seat and goes faulty. Quick and cheap fix is to just buy the unit of ebay to turn the light off or you can go the expensive way and get the part from the dealers.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,729 Posts
^
i have an extra Seat Sensor bypass module that you can buy online if you need one. i bought it from a company in England. never used. sell it for $20 shipped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts