E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
e46 sedan. when i press memory seat buttons mirrors do not move not sure if I had that option. Passenger mirror not moving at all. So I'm not sure if its cable issue or a motor issue? Any ideas how to test? Thank mates

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
guy from Houston use mates.. hummm

anyway, is it operational using the switch?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no I cant move it with the control. I can only move the driver side mirror. Left is completely dead. I did search but cant really find any who shared the same problem. Only found the ribbon cable issue

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Bimmer

·
Registered
8 Posts
It happened to me a couple of months ago. I disconnected/reconnected my batt and its been working fine ever since. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its in the bottom right of the trunk. I have a vert, not sure whice design you have or if it even matters but, mine is covered by a black plastic cover,held down by 2 plastic screws that pop out with the help of a flat head screw driver. Try disconnecting the neg terminal, thats all I did.

·
Registered
483 Posts
no I cant move it with the control. I can only move the driver side mirror. Left is completely dead. I did search but cant really find any who shared the same problem. Only found the ribbon cable issue

Isn't the left the driver side?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Would love know if battery disconnect/reconnect works for you. I have exact same issue.....

Edit: I tried disconnecting battery. Made no difference. Passenger mirror still dead.......

·
Registered
114 Posts
My right (passenger) side mirror is totally dead as well. Maybe the switch?

While pressing the switch in directions, connecting YELLOW pins with other pins as noted & comparing left (drivers side) with right (passenger side) positions, the left shows full continuity with all points of contact.

Right position shows no continuity (the pick highlights) in up position (between 1/3, 2/3, 3/4), down (1/3, 3/4), left 1/3, 2/3 3/4) and right (1/3, 2/3, 3/4).

Anybody else got through this process to confirm switch health?

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats cool i didnt know about the pin out. What i want to is try hooking up the passanger mirror on the driver side and see what happens

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good place to start is checking if your switch has same pattern of continuity. Maybe what is shown is normal, and represents defective memory sensor? Maybe switch is defective and memory sensor okay?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a 2004 330ci vert. My passenger mirror is dead. No power at all. Drivers side fine. I've removed the door panels, but can't seem to locate the mirror memory modules per pages 68 & 69 of this PDF link...

http://www.bmwtech.ru/pdf/e46/ST034/4 Central Body Electronics Internet.pdf

The noted memory modules appear to have been discontinued 09/2002 (realoem part search) per this TIS thread

http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/06/56/36

Reader guidance greatly appreciated. Would like to have passenger mirror functional.

·
Registered
4 Posts
post 2003 side mirror comes with ribbon wire, I has d same problem, passenger side not working at all while driver side work perfectly, did some checking & found passenger ribbon was broken, this is what I did:
1. changed passenger side mirror...and reverse tilt function is working but cannot adjust d mirror from d joystick
2. changed d switch.....problem remain d same
3. finally found out that driver side mirror which has been working fine has one broken connection.
4. soldered d bad connection and all is well
see my original post here http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645464

1 - 18 of 18 Posts