E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2006 330 CI Convertible and want to pair my iphone. I need to find the pass key. Unfortunately the documentation for the phone operation was missing. I found the instructions on how to pair the phone but need the pass key and do not know how to find it

·
Premium Member
28,893 Posts
If you have a 2006 E46 convertible with the BMW Assist/SOS button on the mirror, it should have Bluetooth.
Contrary to ANYTHING you hear, there is no button to push for pairing the Bluetooth in the car.
The ULF/TCU module should have the passkey right on it. You might try the last 4 of the VIN, but I cannot say this will work.

I had my 2006 E46 convertible for 4 years and I have never located the ULF/TCU module. It is likely in the trunk, but I did not want to pull all the lining off to access it. You could probably search the net for where the ULF/TCU is located in the convertible.

The easy way is to just buy the BMW Scanner 1.4.0 software from www.xcar360.com and then you can read the Bluetooth passkey and also program your windows and top to close with your keyfob and do some other things.

One piece of useful information to note, when you are looking for parts other than the dealer, tell EVERYONE it is a 2005 not a 2006. Most parts people and parts applications do not realized the coupe and convertible in 2006 is an E46, they always think these are E9x.Very common for people to get the 2006 confused for an E9x chassis.

·
Banned
311 Posts
there is a passkey sticker on your tcu (actual it is your ULF). your telephone control/communication unit is located in the trunk. on the rear driver side.

I have a pairing button underneath my arm rest and it is required for me to pair my phone initially.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Useful Thread. 9 years later I have an old 2006 325ci and I was tracking down the bluetooth module. Pulled up the lining slightly to the left side of the trunk rear seat hatch, put my phone under and took a pic. It picked up the PK without having to remove all the linings at all.
Grille Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Eyewear Automotive design Font Gadget

1 - 13 of 13 Posts