E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm looking to replace my CCV system to a cold climate version. I'm also going to be replacing the valve cover gasket, and all associated vacuum lines. I have just started searching for parts. I did some work last month on the coolant system and bought most of my parts thru europarts.com.

I was wondering where everyone buys most of their parts? I'm going to do some searching for past forums on parts but just thought I would ask first.

Thanks for the information in advance and hope everyone is having a happy new year!

·
Administrator
19,149 Posts
I like fcpeuro better than ecstuning. Lifetime parts warrantee, cheaper shipping, equally good customer service, and competitive price matching.

Consider also replacing the oil filter housing gasket at the same time as the CCV parts. Makes it a lot easier and the gasket is only $5.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like fcpeuro better than ecstuning. Lifetime parts warrantee, cheaper shipping, equally good customer service, and competitive price matching.

Consider also replacing the oil filter housing gasket at the same time as the CCV parts. Makes it a lot easier and the gasket is only $5.
Thanks for the info.

Is there any other basic gaskets to change while doing the CCV system and valve cover gasket? The car has the notorious oil burning smell, which appears to be coming from the valve cover gasket. It has been driven for about 2500 miles now since I bought it. Uses no oil just has the smell...

I want to change the CCV system just because I don't know if and when it has ever been replaced. I also live in Iowa where it should have the cold climate system. I figure changing the system is a lot cheaper than having to change out an engine seal if the CCV system is truly failing.

·
Administrator
19,149 Posts
Is there any other basic gaskets to change while doing the CCV system and valve cover gasket?
This is the list of stuff I do when going in that deep. You only want to do this once and the parts are cheap.

OFHG
VANOS oil line
CCV valve and 4 hoses
All vacuum lines
Air distribution manifold o-rings
Dipstick o-rings
Dipstick tube o-ring
Upper and lower intake boots
Clean ICV and TB
DISA o-ring
DISA rebuild (if needed)
TB gasket

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Hello all,

I'm looking to replace my CCV system to a cold climate version. I'm also going to be replacing the valve cover gasket, and all associated vacuum lines. I have just started searching for parts. I did some work last month on the coolant system and bought most of my parts thru europarts.com.

I was wondering where everyone buys most of their parts? I'm going to do some searching for past forums on parts but just thought I would ask first.

Thanks for the information in advance and hope everyone is having a happy new year!
Here’s a good list of some popular/reliable parts vendors, many of which are forum sponsors: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpost.php?p=16331131&postcount=267.

I’ve bought from most all of them, however, and by far prefer FCP Euro. They offer a lifetime warranty on everything they sell, and they treat you like a lifetime customer, as well.

Regarding the CCV and VCG, stick to Genuine BMW for both. The CCV valve/hoses can be had for just under $100 and the VCG will run around $40.

Bali’s got you covered with other shared labor repairs, and as far a recommend brands go, it depends on the part but I usually stick with OE/OEM: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=16792290#post16792290.

·
Internet Sales
1,053 Posts
Check us out at BMWPartsSource.com, we are dedicated to providing our customers with genuine OEM BMW parts at outstanding prices. Our team of experts have a combined 36 years of experience in BMW parts sales to assure that you get the correct parts every time. We only sell factory-certified parts, the only parts specifically designed for your car by BMW. Every part is also guaranteed to be dependable with a two-year unlimited warranty at no extra cost.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.