E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
when i bought my extra one for my interior it came w/ the 3. i just didnt put it on. the m3 one is different from the m5 one b/c im pretty sure that the m5 one is bigger. i would call up your dealership and talk to someone in parts or go to www.circlebmw.com and call them up.

·
TiAg 330i
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think this thread should be deleted before it get out of hand again. there are nice people here i don't want to offend anyone.

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
you havent offended anyone, its all good

a lot of people just feel strongly that no one should pose as an M, when they dont have the muscle (rather, the M motor) to back it up

·
Registered
287 Posts
ak330i said:
i think this thread should be deleted before it get out of hand again. there are nice people here i don't want to offend anyone.
too late, you already offended half the board :p

j/k

i wouldnt get it though. imho

·
Registered
132 Posts
My car came with a M badge cuz I got it used. I took it off ofcause.
I have these massive 82inch tips on my exhaust
When I brought my car in for repair they asked me if it was an m3 (since there was no badge) I was all embarrased telling them it was 323. then after that they were like wow I love what you did to your car.

·
Registered
622 Posts
AC schiznitzer said:
My car came with a M badge cuz I got it used. I took it off ofcause.
I have these massive 82inch tips on my exhaust
When I brought my car in for repair they asked me if it was an m3 (since there was no badge) I was all embarrased telling them it was 323. then after that they were like wow I love what you did to your car.
If my bodyshop didn't know whether my car was a 323 or a M3 i wouldn't let them touch it with a 10 ft pole. :confused:

·
Registered
132 Posts
dude, it was just some lady that taxies the bimmers that customers bring in. She wasn't the mechanic :p (tho if I worked at a dealership I'd know every model ever made)

·
Nymphomaniac
264 Posts
If u must,

51 147 893 655

Who knows maybe he's ordering one for a friends ///M

·
Knight Rider
59 Posts
I wish BMW would be stict about this stuff and not just sell a badge to anyone who walks in off the street. I am sure they are aware of this and yet don't seam to care. And as far as the dealers go its not like them make a great deal of money on selling them. In fact they could make money on this by initiating some program where only a dealer would install the badge after verifying that the car the badge was being installed on was in fact a ///M.

·
Dale Earnhardt's Double
530 Posts
I don't know what you have planned for the badge. Personally, I hope you aren't going to put it on a non-M car. If you are planning to, well, it's your car and you can certainly do with it what you want. However, I think the general consensus of this group is that's posing and isn't cool. First, it's a cheat to our fellow E46 members who shelled out the long green for the right to display an M badge. Second, you may subject yourself to some rath and public humiliation at a party, gas station or stoplight (do a search and you'll see). People are pretty savy about the destictions between an M car and garden variety 3-series and they may not hestitate to point it out, very publicly to anyone within earshot.

Again, you never said you were going to put this on your car. I just voiced my opinion to help persuade anyone thinking of doing this of the potential downside and possible embarrasment that might be sufferred as a result. Peace and happy driving! :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
c'mon guys... :slap:, I think ///M badge (without 3 or 5 ofcourse) is not that bad on Non-M cars...! :eeps:

Go for it... ;)

Edit: in my home country or some asian country, BMW put ///M badge for Limited ed. 3 series..., so I guest BMW does not mind...!!! why most of u mind? :dunno:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts