BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I installed my Koni thread suspension kit I naturually lowered the car. That has been wonderful at the track, but problematic or parking at times when I have inadvertently (and very stupidly) run into those concrete parking blocks or curbs when pulling into a curb.

Because I am clearly too stupid to consistently pay attention to how close I get to these parking hazards, I need to find a way to give me some warning.

Has anyone heard of front parking sensors and, if so, where would I get them? If not, any other thoughts besides paying more attention (which I will do).

TIA

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
i have never heard/seen about the parking sensors on the front of a 3 series. My moms x5 has them on the front so you could prob. do a DIY or something like that.

·
NWT Fanatic
757 Posts
Here's a trick I use.

When you are pulling into the stall, look at the vehicle to the left of you. If it's clean, you will see how close you are coming to the curb in its reflection. Try it out. It works good for me.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
hi i see you are a new bro.

happy to have you with us.

had the same trouble with my old vette. learn to back in save the spoler and bottom of your nose of car.

by the way what car do you have if you have m3 back it in and used the parking senser
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome. I'm not a bro though, a bimmer gal. I drive a 323i. I've done a number of mods but always looking for ways to get more power for the track.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
i was gonna make a girl driver joke but then i read you were a girl

·
Grüne Hölle Junkie
1,646 Posts
you can find those parking control sensors in a german magazine called D&W. they sell complete kits, but i don't know how you would mount them and make them look good. plus, they would go off all the time while you were following a car, unless you ran them through a switch...:dunno:

D&W online

1 - 13 of 13 Posts