BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This Panoz Esporante was brought in for a complete detail to get the car looking good for resale. Although the car has very low miles, it had its fair share of issues that needed to be addressed. The exterior had some pretty severe scratches and heavy swirling which were visible in the direct sunlight. In order to get top dollar for the car, our main focus was to get the exterior looking as perfect as possible. In addition, the lower section of the front bumper had some stone chips, so the owner asked us to paint it since it was the only section of the car that was damaged.

The following pictures show just how bad the exterior was.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

As you can see, it was in dire need of some TLC! Bryan (Jokeman) and I got right to work testing different machine, pad and polish combinations to find out what worked the best on this particular paint. After 20 minutes of testing, we both agreed that Menzerna Super Intensive Polish paired with a Surbuf pad worked wonders on this paint via DA.

Here’s a few 50/50 shots. (fender polished with Surbuf / SIP, hood untouched)

Now that we had our process dialed in, we got right to work. Some panels went pretty quick, but others took multiple passes to get the results we were looking for. It took us two full nights of polishing just to complete this step.

I wetsanded the lower piece of the front bumper after the respray and left a little orange peel so the texture would match the rest of the car…

Henry and Paulo detailed the interior before Bryan and I arrived the following day. Bryan and I decided to give the car a wash to remove any dust and polishing spatter from the previous polishing step before continuing on. Next, we polished the complete exterior using Menzerna Power Finish using an orange foam pad via DA. This step went fairly quick and really brought out the true beauty of the paint.

Since we wouldn’t be finished before the sun went down, we decided to pull it out to take a few pictures and inspect our work. As you can see, we still had more work to do, but you get the idea how well it was coming out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

After snapping a few pictures, we pulled it back into the shop and finished up all of the polishing. We gave it a final wipedown and applied Menzerna Power Lock to the complete exterior. While waiting for the Power Lock to cure, we finished up the little odds & ends (tires, wheels windows, etc). Last but not least, we removed the Power Lock and gave it a quick wipedown with Optimum Quick Detailer and Gloss Enhancer.

Here is the final product!

Thanks for looking!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts