BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a panasonic vad7200 and some problems have come up lately. every once in a while, after the car warms up for a while, lets say...around 30 min to an hour, the power cuts in and out. the brain is located next to the factory amp in the trunk, but the installer used a pioneer cable. could this be the source of the problem?
i am waiting for the installer to order the right panasonic cable and as soon as he gets it, it will be switched out. good thing i have a warranty on the install.
anyone have any idea on what could be wrong??
any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
833 Posts
Power cutting in and out sounds like an overheating problem either in the brain or in the cable....how did he use a pioneer cable on a panasonic unit anyway ?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have the same unit and I never had a problem. I do agree with the others that its probably an overheating issue. Mine has issues with opening and closing the screen, its gets stuck and I have to hold it up to put it back in. Does this happen with yours?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
spubar said:
Mine has issues with opening and closing the screen, its gets stuck and I have to hold it up to put it back in. Does this happen with yours?
no that doesnt happen to mine. should i contact panasonic? because i am bringing it back to the stereo shop that installed it and they can't find what's wrong

1 - 5 of 5 Posts