E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
1998 318i M43B19
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, did anyone painted these? I have these laying in the corner and I'm trying to find something useful for them. Give me tips for my sienna red bimmer 馃槂 will black be fine?
Wheel Tire Light Automotive tire Tread

Registered
330ci Coupe 6MT
I think they look best in silver. If you paint them black they will look like those cheap steel wheels a lot of people in Europe use for their winter tyres.

I'd leave them just as they are. Especially as they're in such excellent condition. Not a scratch on them and no sign of corrosion.

Premium Member
2003 325i Touring
Bronze is a nice color to compliment Sienna Red, IMO. Take your time prepping. Scuff them until you can't see anymore shiny, then scuff them some more! A lighter first coat helps the paint bite to the wheel surface, then even, wet coats for best results. I've used Duplicolor wheel paint, VHT engine paint (I did bake those wheels to cure the paint,) and other, similar higher temp, more durable spray paints with good results over the years.

Registered
They look great in silver. Please don't paint them black, in that particular style they'll look a lot like winter steel wheels.

I can't believe black wheels are still a thing.
Black wheels can look really good, but not all rims look good in black. I owned an Audi A4 before which was completely black, and it looked awesome. But the rims in the picture I definitely wouldn't paint black, just leaving them silver would be the best choice in my opinion.

Registered
2002 325xi
Agree with the "black wheels are still a thing??" sentiment. These wheels look great in their original silver. If you've never waxed wheels, try waxing these and the added pop may make you take a second look at their original greatness. Much easier off the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts