E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone painted their bumper and door moldings from black to body colored? You all know how unlike the coupe, the sedan comes with black moldings. I have seen a couple of cars that had painted them to body color. I have a silver sedan and am thinking about painting them. I hear they use flexible paint but I wonder how long it will last. The last thing I want is to see paint coming off. Also with the distance sensors on the modlings, would it be okay?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
a body shop is the way to go on this, i wouldn't recommend doing DIY. flexible paint? yes, should last as long as normal paint i would assume.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same question. I am asking that my wife get this done for my car for Christmas. I want to know if it will last.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Get it down by a reputable place and make sure they use a flex agent (just tell them that, they'll know what to do). I got mine done over 2 years ago and they're still perfect. Check out my website for pics, since I also have a silver sedan.

·
Registered
595 Posts
shimmers said:
Has anyone painted their bumper and door moldings from black to body colored? You all know how unlike the coupe, the sedan comes with black moldings. I have seen a couple of cars that had painted them to body color. I have a silver sedan and am thinking about painting them. I hear they use flexible paint but I wonder how long it will last. The last thing I want is to see paint coming off. Also with the distance sensors on the modlings, would it be okay?
yes, park distance control would be fine as long as you don't paint the hole things :) here are couple pics of mine, done by bodyshop

·
Registered
595 Posts
shimmers said:
here are some more pictures of mine (before I put the bodykit on), done by my self 2 years ago, and paint still in perfect condition until today :) hope this will help you, just PM me if you need step by step how to DIY :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts