1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
317 Posts
looks nice! I'd like to see how it looks with your steel grey after you get the wheels back on. My car is black and I've been trying to decide whether to get red caliper paint or black. I don't want it to look too flashy/draw too much attention so I was thinking black, but I don't know if that will even be noticeable at all!

·
I holla
1,668 Posts
you don't have to take them off to paint? :dunno:

·
I holla
1,668 Posts
so you just brush it on? :dunno:

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
2,675 Posts
looks nice, john!!!

·
SBBMotorwerks
557 Posts
nice job john....lets see some pics with the wheels on

·
][D ][ ][V][ ][D
1,540 Posts
You mask off everything else except the caliper, thus avoiding removing of the calipers. Pretty easy DIY. Just make sure you get all the brake dust off before painting. Apply several coats to get that glossy look! :thumbup:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Is this the kit that is being sold at Tirerack.com? Looks good for a DYI. I think that I would remove the caliper from the rotor at least (its not hard to do) in order to make painting a little easier (just me). Nice pics :thumbup:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi to all...

thanks for all the compliments... i didnt have to take off the calipers to do this. It is a brush on application. I didnt even bother taping anything off, I was just extra careful...

From what I'm told this paint turns really hard and brake dust just falls off, so I dont expect to have too many problems with it. I also am running Metal master pads all around to cut down on that nasty dust... That works quite well:thumbup:

This was a great and simple DIY, everything needed was included in the kit, even a popsicle stick to stir the paint:D

I would also like tomention that there was more than enough paint to do about 10 coats... I gave up at 4 coats...:thumbup: :thumbup:

for anyone looking for this kit, board sponsors are always great, but froogle.com is a good source for getting the lowest price...

StreetTrixE4six- hell yeah bro.... good stuff:D

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BGReddy00 said:
looks good-any pics with the wheels on?
Tomorrow:thumbup:

The kit calls for the wheels off for at least the first 2 hours and no driving for 24 hours. So the car is sitting in the garage until its all nice and dry.

Its snowing here in MD right now, so I wont be driving the car tomorrow, but I'll post pics for sure.

John V

1 - 18 of 18 Posts