BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I painted my grille black and silver, the outer trim(ring) is painted in a two-tone configuration, the outer part is silver and the inner part is black, the slants are painted black also.
I used rustoleum high temp silver but the match isn't that good, If I like it for good I'll have a bodyshop paint them when I get another body kit part painted.
:D

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
Looks tight bro... I did mine myself too... However you dont need high temp paint for the grills... So just get some regular kind thatll match better... Also do you have only a front kit on your car or all around ?? If you have all around do you have a full shot ??

Oh and one word of advice, the paint you used looks kinda gray rather than silver... Get high gloss metallic silver paint... its easy to find, i think H0mo depot has them... itll match your car better...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
310 Ryda said:
Looks tight bro... I did mine myself too... However you dont need high temp paint for the grills... So just get some regular kind thatll match better... Also do you have only a front kit on your car or all around ?? If you have all around do you have a full shot ??

Oh and one word of advice, the paint you used looks kinda gray rather than silver... Get high gloss metallic silver paint... its easy to find, i think H0mo depot has them... itll match your car better...
Thanks. Yeah, your right. I choose High temp because thatisOn used that kind for his grille. I only have the M3 Oem bumper, sorry.

Yeah I known, I didn't like it for the same reason, I'll try another brand or wait for a bodyshop job.

·
Banned
1,104 Posts
Wow it must be so pimp drivin that car in Mexico... Where are you from?? Im Persian but have a lot of friends in Durango and Monterrey...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Chihuahua, Chih. That's north of Durango and east of Nuevo Leon (Monterrey)

About the pimp issue, your kinda right, what I can say is that my sedan is the only one in the city with M3 bumper, and there is only two with manual tranny. No M3 stil in my city. BMW has about 5 years here.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the bodykit I'm considering the coupe's sport package sides and rear bumper, the kit that is on the accesory's catalog for the 3 series. And the clubsport rear wing and maybe, just maybe the ACS front lip for the M3 bumper.
For rims I'm into BBS RGR and want to tint the car with 20% all-around.

I'm thinking about starting a club for bmw entusiasts in my city......

·
TX Dinan 3
860 Posts
front bumper and the painted black slats look great been debating both items on my car

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts