E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got painted front reflectors. To install them it looks like I just have to remove the old ones using a flat head driver and pop these ones on by inserting the bottom first and pshing the top in until it clicks into place. Is this how it is done?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I have no instructions and would rather ask a stupid question than Flock it up.

Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thats the just of what you have to do, but instead of using a screwdriver to remove the old ones use a credit card so you don't risk scratching the paint.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,944 Posts
that sounds about right but

if i was you do what i did when i installed mine on my car. when i was at the dealer geting something done. i ask the mech. to do it. because when i try they were hard to come out. he did it with a special tool most likely i did not no what it was call. but he did it in seconds no chance of breaking it when he did it. i just wanted to play it safe.
bobm3 :woot: :woot:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
swift

Yeah I though abaout getting the stock ones painted.

But new painted reflectors are only $45.00 so I did'nt see the point in painting them.

·
808///Member
159 Posts
o2m3con said:
Yeah I though abaout getting the stock ones painted.

But new painted reflectors are only $45.00 so I did'nt see the point in painting them.
When I finally get out of here and get to pick up my new car I have to to the body shop for some other reasons and it will be all the same.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
its an easy install. youll do it in like under 5 mins, if that.

when my front bumper got hit one time, i had to replace my clear ones with something else. at the time I have my original amber ones available and so i painted them myself. It was only a temp. solution and I expected it to turn out 'meh' soso, but it turned out great. to this day im still using them. (check sig)

**and i actually used high gloss spray paint from home depot (also used primer and sand paper of course)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts