BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend painted his AC Vents on his Eclipse... and i was wondering.. can we pop out our AC Vents and paint them?

for example.. i'd paint my AC Vents titanium silver... to match my alum trim and my car color...

does that sound bad? =/

n if this can be done... where can i buy the paint at?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ooo yea... 1 more thing... if i buy the M3 Lip spoiler... could i paint that myself or no?! it seems small enough...

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,303 Posts
I painted the A/C vents on my Civic when I had one...but I would never paint the vents on my BMW.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Faheem Daddy said:
I painted the A/C vents on my Civic when I had one...but I would never paint the vents on my BMW.
I have to agree... Not on the BMW..... please......

·
Banned
2,186 Posts
IMO, it would look like ass. Same thing for those cheap azz lookin overlay kits some people put on inside their rides.

·
ROI-ndian
1,250 Posts
unless your gonna make your car pimped out for shows....id only have it painted if i had my whole like dash n interior in fiberglass....but for reg driving and "bmw tradition" and like style leave em i think, it might be too much, but if you like it, go ahead u might prove most ppl wrong n it looks hot who knows, if you dont like em, they cant be much to replace

·
I holla
1,665 Posts
i wouldn't paint the vents and i would not try to DIY the lip spoiler either.

·
PSHOPWERKS
4,513 Posts
It's your car. Go for it if you want to.

·
Registered
507 Posts
If you can find reasonable replacements parts if they don't turn out, try it! What do you have to lose? Who defines exactly does"ricey" means anyway?...please... I think big DTM tips poking out from behind an aftermarket rear bumper or a DIN sized radio surrounded by a black plastic scorche adapter plate looks terrible but alot of people here don't think so...

Having said that, I think the problem with painting your own stuff is the inability to match professional quality at home. Unless you have to equipment I wouldn't try it. Your time would be better spent visiting a few places or calling around to see who can help you. I paid a little over $200 to have 12 pieces of trim, an M3 lip spoiler, and eyelids prepped, painted and clear coated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts