BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
should i paint my roof black or should i spend my money on some interior mods like (m3 gauges, silver shift lever, silver e-brake, silver pedals, interior xenon, and so on)

heres a really bad pshop

and another pic

if anyone has any pics...please post them :)

·
Registered
26,534 Posts

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how bout spending more money on mods in general
well the mods are coming...im only 16 and ive been saving up, my parents are making me wait until christmas to put any of them on

ive already got 35% tint and i just did the 3M taped trim DIY today....but im getting clears, invisibulbs, csl sedan spoiler, blacked out grill, black/silver roundels,angel eyes, and maybe a drop...i like the sport package rims so im gonna keep them

after these mods.....what do you think..black roof or keep it silver????

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
id like to get a new bumpers and some m6 replicas...but just cant afford them right now

so, is the black roof a no until i get more mods......i like the look of it though : )

what about with the mods in my other reply?? or does it only look right on a heavily modded car.....

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
black roof looks sick on silver, but you just need to be aggressive enough to pull off the look

its like seeing your average person dressed in a tshirt and shorts walk around in dress shoes, dress shoes are nice, but only when worn with the proper attire, other wise, like the black roof, it would look out of place

see sig for example of black roof on silver

·
Registered
26,534 Posts
black roof looks sick on silver, but you just need to be aggressive enough to pull off the look

its like seeing your average person dressed in a tshirt and shorts walk around in dress shoes, dress shoes are nice, but only when worn with the proper attire, other wise, like the black roof, it would look out of place

:werd:

like I plan on getting a black roof down the road...but I am not there yet...still quite a few mods to go...lol

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
well the mods are coming...im only 16 and ive been saving up, my parents are making me wait until christmas to put any of them on

ive already got 35% tint and i just did the 3M taped trim DIY today....but im getting clears, invisibulbs, csl sedan spoiler, blacked out grill, black/silver roundels,angel eyes, and maybe a drop...i like the sport package rims so im gonna keep them

after these mods.....what do you think..black roof or keep it silver????
I would say still keep it sliver, you are far away from black roof status at this point in time even after the mods your stated. You have a good start, tint and trim. Sounds like you kinda know what you want to do to your car in the near future. I would hold off on the angel eyes for now, save that money for a new front bumper. After that save up for the rims of your liking and a drop. These three things will give you the most dramatic change to your car. After that you can start looking into front lips and rear bumpers, exhausts, it is really depends on how far you want to go. This is the point where you paint the roof black as a final touch to an aggressive car. Oh yeah and parents will always make you wait on mods you just have to do it or else nothing will get done trust me. :rofl: (Don't worry it gets easier when you get a credit card :4ngie:)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

:werd: :werd: I was thinking of doing the same early on but after searching around in here it's mooved down the list of mods, especially for a sedan.

·
Modifiziertes ///Mitglied
27,035 Posts
Get these mods in this order:
-Clears
-Drop
-Bumper
-Rims

THEN you can consider doing your roof. You may want to consider an exhaust for a better sound too.

·
Banned
596 Posts
Do it, but after you've done it, don't post any pictures on fanatics. =)

LOL--true, be patient, add the black roof later on and spend that money on other details, itll just make your car look worse until it can pull it off :)

heres mine

Attachments

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
PS- also, if youre gonna do a black roof, make sure you have some sort of black somewhere on your car to go along with it, whether it be black wheels or small things like

black window trim
black or cf front lip for an aftermarket bumper
smoked tail lights
gloss black Mtech II rear diffusor
etc

1 - 20 of 44 Posts