E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Alpine 9835 with the PAC-SWIX unit for steering wheel controls. Every time I turn off the car and restart, it cycles through the modes (CD, tuner, change) and rarely does it return to the mode I had selected when I turn the car off. As anyone else experienced this problem? I have a feeling it is the SWIX unit doing this when powered on? Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
rkj082000 said:
I have a Alpine 9835 with the PAC-SWIX unit for steering wheel controls. Every time I turn off the car and restart, it cycles through the modes (CD, tuner, change) and rarely does it return to the mode I had selected when I turn the car off. As anyone else experienced this problem? I have a feeling it is the SWIX unit doing this when powered on? Any ideas?
Cover up the pac eye with some dark tape. If is stops doing that, then:
1. On some cars you need to cut the wire where the pac is connected.
2. reprogram the pac.
3. (unlikely) you have a bad unit. Call pac cust. support and ask them for help

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
It is easy to install. They are are few DIY's if you look around. I used to install them and have had it in my wife's van for years. Also have a new one ready to go in my E46 next week. Works flawlessly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.