BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a new owner of a 2003 330i and Im looking for information between PA Soft and INPA. What are the difference between these two? if any. I been reading all over this web site about these two softwares and I see they both work kinda similar but what's the different between them and which is better for troubleshooting and updating ECU? Also where can I get a good copy of the program, I have seen them on Ebay and Craiglist but I dont know if I should trust these options. Im pretty good with computers and tools and my interest is in fixing my car by myself insted of paying hundreds to the dealer. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Go here, look around, read away, lots of info / answers to all of your questions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link but that's just another Forum were ill have to search and search like I been doing, as a matter of fact I have read some stuff in that website. I'm looking for a more direct answer to my questions, prefer ably from people that have used the programs.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
If you have to ask I would reccomend PA Soft 1.40 Its cheap and legal to buy and will do most of the coding and trouble shooting you need. Super fast to set up and easy to understand. Inpa ncs expert can do much more but for basic trouble shooting and enabling factory option PA Soft is a good way to go.

Edit: I'm not sure PA can update an ecu. Ebay or xcar360 would be fine for suppliers.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Pa Software 1.4 is very easy to use and will do a lot of the basic things you would need to do. INPA is more complicated and can do alot more. Start with PA soft and then get INPA when you need it.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Some say while they are both great, the INPA can do coding, but you can also do damage with it, so it is a good idea to start with PA Soft 1.4.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts