E46 Fanatics Forum banner

PA SOFT Install problems (here we go again)

23K views 46 replies 11 participants last post by  Bali 
#1 ·
I've installed PA SOFT on number of times on both windows 7,8 and 10 machines, but this time I'm stumped.

Let me run you through the process.

Window 10 version 1909

I plugged the unit it in to my system and it detected BMW Scanner v14x and said it was installed. I went to device manager and I see Other devices > BMW Scanner v14x with question mark next to it. The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

I ran the PA SOFT install CD that came with the unit. After install of PA SOFT it said hardware not ready.
I then installed the FTDI/CDM driver package via the executable file from the FTDI website

Device manager > Other devices > BMW Scanner v14x with question mark next to it. The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) > update driver > browsed my way the in driver folders and loaded the ftdibus.inf > next popup asks to select the device i want for this hardware and gives me a list of items starting at FT4222 Interface A...USB Serial Converter A...USB Serial Port

I can remember which one to install..

See less See more
#46 ·
Go to youtube, key in "evan goyuk bmw scanner" he has a step by step for window 10. In windows 7, right click on the exe file, then right click on "properties". A tab named compatibility is next. you will see a checkbox for compatibility mode, you will then have a selection of vintage modes for the program to run in. XP service pack 2 is what I suggest.

#47 ·
Yes, Compatibility mode may be needed for W7 or W10. I don’t think so, but haven’t checked in a while.
The big barrier is getting the drivers to load when the cable is plugged in. See my post #45 above for how to solve that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.