BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed PA SOFT on number of times on both windows 7,8 and 10 machines, but this time I'm stumped.

Let me run you through the process.

Window 10 version 1909

I plugged the unit it in to my system and it detected BMW Scanner v14x and said it was installed. I went to device manager and I see Other devices > BMW Scanner v14x with question mark next to it. The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

I ran the PA SOFT install CD that came with the unit. After install of PA SOFT it said hardware not ready.
I then installed the FTDI/CDM driver package via the executable file from the FTDI website

Device manager > Other devices > BMW Scanner v14x with question mark next to it. The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) > update driver > browsed my way the in driver folders and loaded the ftdibus.inf > next popup asks to select the device i want for this hardware and gives me a list of items starting at FT4222 Interface A...USB Serial Converter A...USB Serial Port

I can remember which one to install..

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,099 Posts
Device driver installing for the BMW Scanner 1.4 cable on Windows 10 can be troublesome.
  1. Try an older device driver package from ftdichip.com.
  2. Try disabling device driver signing (Google it).
  3. Make sure your BMW Scanner 1.4 cable has the genuine FTDI chip inside.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
USB serial port worked for me,i did it 2 days ago
Ok I jut selected USB serial port, and now i have Ports (COM&LPT) > USB Serial Port (COM5)
Right click > Manufacturer FTDI. Under driver it says FTDI 2.12.28.0 08/16/2017

Says Hardware Not Ready

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Device deiver installing for the BMW Scanner 1.4 cable on Windows 10 can be troublesome.
Try an older device driver package from ftdichip.com.
Try disabling device driver signing (Google it).
Make sure your BMW Scanner 1.4 cable has the genuine FTDI chip inside.

An older driver package? I was under the impression the most up to date driver was best.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I tried the "FT4222 Interface A" (this worked for me in the past) it shows up under USB Controllers>FT4222 Interface A...but Now i'm getting cannot connect IKE and EWS...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So there is no specific installation for the current build of windows 10?

To anyone who has gotten it to work...can you PLEASE be more specific?

·
Registered
4 Posts
An older driver package? I was under the impression the most up to date driver was best.
Greetings, I installed it in windows 10, after downloading the FTDI drivers and the steps that you already took when you choose to use the disk, you must select: USB Serial Port and then give OK, ok, until the window is closed, the system updates, then of that it deploys serial bus controllers and selects USB Serial Port or Converter and performs the same operation that it had already done with PORT COM, selects the drivers and use the USB Serial Converter disk again OK, until the window is closed, the system is updated .. it is ready to use.

First connect the PA SOFT to the OBDII, second on the PC and open the software, if everything is fine you will be asked to put the key in position 2 !!

see for example:

Sorry Spanish text in the images, my native language

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,099 Posts
Still trying. Anyone have any luck? Please advise.
I just recently got the drivers to install on the latest W10 build.
Just followed the steps in post #1 of our How to Install BMW Scanner 1.4 thread.

Before that, I had tried pretty much every idea out there.

·
Registered
2001 E46 330Ci, LSD diff, Dinan performance, Facelifted Mpackage
113 Posts
sorry to bring up a old post.
When i open PA soft it tells me that the adapter is not connected. FTDI software is found.

I've tried every method found online as far as the drivers. No matter the options i chose i get a question mark next to bmw scanner v14x in device manager.
I've even tried installing it as a serial bus controller and got inpa on com2 while PA soft on COM1 and it still won't find the adapter.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
[QUOTE = "P3R $ IaN, publicación: 18808477, miembro: 550241"]
lamento traer una vieja publicación.
Cuando abro PA soft me dice que el adaptador no está conectado. Se encuentra el software FTDI.

He probado todos los métodos encontrados en línea hasta los controladores. No importa las opciones que elijo, aparece un signo de interrogación junto a bmw scanner v14x en el administrador de dispositivos.
Incluso intenté instalarlo como un controlador de bus serie y obtuve inpa en com2 mientras PA soft en COM1 y todavía no encuentra el adaptador.

Cualquier ayuda sería muy apreciada.
[/CITAR]

Desafortunadamente, también me falla y fue después de actualizar Windows que eliminé los puertos.

Ya busqué la actualización de Windows para actualizar el controlador FTDI

·
Registered
113 Posts
[QUOTE = "P3R $ IaN, publication: 18808477, member: 550241"]
I'm sorry to bring an old publication.
When I open PA soft it tells me that the adapter is not connected. The FTDI software is found.

I have tried all the methods found online up to the drivers. No matter which options I choose, a question mark appears next to bmw scanner v14x in device manager.
I even tried installing it as a serial bus controller and got inpa on com2 while PA soft on COM1 and still can't find the adapter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Unfortunately, it also fails me and it was after updating Windows that I removed the ports.

I already looked for Windows update to update FTDI driver

View attachment 906553
[/QUOTE]
I thought it was working for your. I even followed the video you posted above and still nothing.On my side when i open the PA software it says the device drivers or another ftdi are installed but the BMW scanner adapter is not plugged in. However, it is plugged in and the yellow light does plink when i plug it.

I've tried 2Dxx old and new ftdi drivers and nothing.but again its not saying the driver are wrong its saying the adapter is not being found.
Is that the same case for you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
[QUOTE = "P3R $ IaN, publicación: 18808600, miembro: 550241"]
Desafortunadamente, también me falla y fue después de actualizar Windows que eliminé los puertos.

[ATTACH = full] 906553 [/ ATTACH]
[/CITAR]
Pensé que estaba funcionando para ti. Incluso seguí el video que publicó arriba y todavía nada. De mi lado cuando abro el software de PA dice que los controladores del dispositivo u otro ftdi están instalados pero el adaptador del escáner BMW no está enchufado. Sin embargo, está enchufado y el amarillo la luz parpadea cuando lo enchufo.

He probado los controladores de ftdi 2Dxx nuevos y viejos y nada. Pero nuevamente no dice que el controlador esté equivocado, dice que no se encuentra el adaptador.
¿Es ese el mismo caso para ti?
[/CITAR]

I already managed to activate the PA SOFT again

I removed the old Windons update, removed PA SOFT software and FTDI drivers, reinstalled everything and update port com and usb serial converter.

When the PA SOFT is connected to the PC the yellow light flashes but does not stay on, the green light comes on until it is connected to the OBDII

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
[QUOTE = "P3R $ IaN, publicación: 18808600, miembro: 550241"]

[ATTACH = full] 906553 [/ ATTACH]
[/CITAR]
Pensé que estaba funcionando para ti. Incluso seguí el video que publicó arriba y todavía nada. De mi lado cuando abro el software de PA dice que los controladores del dispositivo u otro ftdi están instalados pero el adaptador del escáner BMW no está enchufado. Sin embargo, está enchufado y el amarillo la luz parpadea cuando lo enchufo.

He probado los controladores de ftdi 2Dxx nuevos y viejos y nada. Pero nuevamente no dice que el controlador esté equivocado, dice que no se encuentra el adaptador.
¿Es ese el mismo caso para ti?
[/CITAR]
¿Ya probaste en el auto?

Lo instalé de acuerdo con el video y funcionó al 100% para mí, luego mi Windows 10 se actualizó y eliminó el puerto serie USB

Si instala en Port Com, entonces debe buscar el controlador USB y actualizar el controlador

·
Registered
176 Posts
Still trying. Anyone have any luck? Please advise.
So as you say here we go again, the device works just fine and the drivers are also fine.
But here is the problem Windows Update 2004.

:mad:
If you run it on say Windows 1909 and below it will work just fine, for some reason windows has decided that this is just öther device" Now you could reinstall windows and don't upgrade to 2004 or get VMWare and create a virtual Windows 10 v1909 and run the PA Soft within VM Ware.

I have been trying to get this lot sorted since this darn 2004 update , so the other option is to uninstall 2004 update but it seems they only give you 10days to roll back :mad: use this util USBView and you will find tht your scanner is not even listed in the USB devices.

Anyway unless someone finds another way, this was the only way I got the device to work again.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you install on Port Com then you need to search for the USB driver and update the driver
I've tried three different methods. none worked. Even as coverter usb and
So as you say here we go again, the device works just fine and the drivers are also fine.
But here is the problem Windows Update 2004.

:mad:
If you run it on say Windows 1909 and below it will work just fine, for some reason windows has decided that this is just öther device" Now you could reinstall windows and don't upgrade to 2004 or get VMWare and create a virtual Windows 10 v1909 and run the PA Soft within VM Ware.

I have been trying to get this lot sorted since this darn 2004 update , so the other option is to uninstall 2004 update but it seems they only give you 10days to roll back :mad: use this util USBView and you will find tht your scanner is not even listed in the USB devices.

Anyway unless someone finds another way, this was the only way I got the device to work again.
Yes, I have noticed the usb coverter not even loading in device manager.
After digging further into this, i came across posts that windows 10 disabled your adapter by putting 0000 and delets the FTDI drivers from your adapter so it cant be recognized. Apperently this is a easy fix with Mprog. I am currently looking into this and trying to find out if my adapter has been compromised. I am also trying to get Mprog to recognize the adapter since there is no usb converters installed, Mprog dosnt recognize the adapter and says no device installed. BUT it is plugged in🤬

·
Registered
113 Posts
@skylink I even uninstalled KB4557957 which is win 10 update version 2004
However, It still wont install properly

Apperently with Mprog you can reflash your adapter if windows 10 has bricked it. I am still trying to figure how to connected it to Mprog. I am thinking since windows can't recognize it Mprog can't see it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Now I tried the "FT4222 Interface A" (this worked for me in the past) it shows up under USB Controllers>FT4222 Interface A...but Now i'm getting cannot connect IKE and EWS...
Sorry I missed the fact that you on 1909, slide down in the FTDI drivers and select USB Serial Converter, and do not upgrade to Windows 10 2004 as it will not work

1 - 20 of 33 Posts