BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've tried twice to install my p46's already and im still having issues, even with the resistors. My car is a 2002 325ci. I have everything wired already, and the ballasts are already mounted. I'm looking for someone to just complete the installation because I really don't feel like doing it again for the 3rd time. I am near Hartford, CT

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with or without resistors i have the same problem. the lights will work perfectly with the engine off, but once i start the car the lights flicker and then turn off about 10 seconds later. if i turn the light switch off/on with the engine running, the lights flash quickly then go out again. i tried installing once without resistors, and once with resistors. both times i had to replace the stock lights, because it was night time and i needed working headlights to drive back home.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
In that case, there is nothing wrong with your install. The problem is, that you need to go the BMW Dealership and have your LCM reflashed to accept the bi-xenon (or xenons, whichever you have)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In that case, there is nothing wrong with your install. The problem is, that you need to go the BMW Dealership and have your LCM reflashed to accept the bi-xenon (or xenons, whichever you have)
yeah, i know that. i just dont want to do it again, 2 times was already enough of a pain. do you know offhand if my highbeams will still work? the car is a 2002.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
yeah, i know that. i just dont want to do it again, 2 times was already enough of a pain. do you know offhand if my highbeams will still work? the car is a 2002.
I just changed my halogens to OEM bi-xenons last weekend, and my highbeams worked, so I'm assuming yes, it should work. But, if you knew that you had to get the LCM reflashed, then why did you not go do it in the first place?:hmm:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just changed my halogens to OEM bi-xenons last weekend, and my highbeams worked, so I'm assuming yes, it should work. But, if you knew that you had to get the LCM reflashed, then why did you not go do it in the first place?:hmm:
Usually when you install the resistors, there is no need for a LCM reflash. JLevi told me this problem just happens once in a while on some cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts