E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I was recently gifted an 2000 E46. The transmission slips and whenever I change gears I get a jerk. Whenever I begin to slow down at a certain time I will also get a jerk.
I'm curious to see if anyone has any suggestions or ideas on what my problem is. I placed my OBD II scanner and received 2 fault codes

The P0101 Mass or Volume Air flow circuit range/ performance and
P1770 CAN torque interface.

The previous owner said I that his Indy mechanic said there was a problem with the torque converter. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.
Also what would the pricing be to get this torque converter fixed? Should I just get a new tranny.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
The MAF and automatic transmission are connected. You should look into diagnosing the maf

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE:

Hey guys for those of you having this similar issue I miraculously fixed my e46.

Initially I tried cleaning the maf with the cleaner. Of course that didn***8217;t work. I also noticed my K & N dry filter looked a little chewed and very dirty.

After that I got a new MAF from VDO and also a new aFe pro filter. I changed both pieces and now my car is running perfectly fine. No CEL codes or SES anymore. No more rough gear change and cars running real nice.

I can***8217;t pinpoint what exactly is was there is a slight possibility it was the filter but highly doubt it. Most positively sure it was the MAF.

I am skeptical about the one they sent me because of the numbers on it, looks like a Chinese knock off but hopefully it***8217;s a VDO/Siemens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.