E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been dealing with a P1192 error for a while.
I took it to BMW and they recommended a new oil separator and also couldn't tell if it needed post cat oxygen sensors.

I installed the new cold weather CCV kit and removing the old one all the hoses were in good shape and the intake parts looked in great shape. I also installed new post cat 02 sensors and that did not fix the P1192 error.

The only help I could find was this post
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=553432

was hoping to take that info with me to BMW this time. So much for there BMW specific computer saving me time and money diagnosing.

Anyone have just this one code and solve it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Suggestions Please
Update:
BMW said it was my O2 rear sensors swapped at the connectors after the car was there another full day. Went to pick it up and took it about a mile and SES light back on. Same problem. Took it right back to the dealer.

Another day and half later they call and say it's now an Engine Wiring Harness short at the 02 sensor wiring. They want $1200 to fix it. $300-$400 for part and 7 hours labor.

I don't trust them at this point. First it was CCV then rear 02's then 02's swapped and now an engine wiring harness short. What would you do at this point? How hard is it to change the engine wiring harness?
Is there some kind of programing i can just do an oxygen sensor delete?

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,778 Posts
Suggestions Please
Update:
BMW said it was my O2 rear sensors swapped at the connectors after the car was there another full day. Went to pick it up and took it about a mile and SES light back on. Same problem. Took it right back to the dealer.

Another day and half later they call and say it's now an Engine Wiring Harness short at the 02 sensor wiring. They want $1200 to fix it. $300-$400 for part and 7 hours labor.

I don't trust them at this point. First it was CCV then rear 02's then 02's swapped and now an engine wiring harness short. What would you do at this point? How hard is it to change the engine wiring harness?
Is there some kind of programing i can just do an oxygen sensor delete?
Me? I think I'd use a little guilt. Tell them you've spend $xxx already for this repair and that now, after spending $ and time they tell you it's something else.

Tell them you're tight on cash and would really appreciate knowing what information they can provide about the wiring harness short. If they know it's this, they might be able to help you get closer to the issue.

If so, then a short should just be a matter of fixing a few wires. Maybe not easy to get to, but for $1200, I'd try pretty hard!

Also, you know, dealers can get expensive. Have you searched your regional forum for well-recommended indies. They're out there and hopefully one is near you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me? I think I'd use a little guilt. Tell them you've spend $xxx already for this repair and that now, after spending $ and time they tell you it's something else.

Tell them you're tight on cash and would really appreciate knowing what information they can provide about the wiring harness short. If they know it's this, they might be able to help you get closer to the issue.

If so, then a short should just be a matter of fixing a few wires. Maybe not easy to get to, but for $1200, I'd try pretty hard!

Also, you know, dealers can get expensive. Have you searched your regional forum for well-recommended indies. They're out there and hopefully one is near you!
I know some indies and even if it's half the cost seems like a lot for an 02 sensor short that I've never heard of before.

Click here to order your kit:
Order
I installed the CCV kit already a couple weeks ago.

How hard is it to replace the Engine Wiring Harness?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts